NHL'94 Forums

GDL 9 - Regular Season Has Begun!

DaDonch44

League Website: http://nhl94.arkku.net/index2.php

The Final ROM has been uploaded, the database has been reset, the schedule has been posted.

Season:

- 56 Game Schedule (4 games against each divisional rival, 2 against every other team in the league)

- Top 8 teams from each conference will make the playoffs.

- DNPs will hurt your playoff chances and your Draft spot for GDL X.

Schedule:

- Created using Round Robin Format, then added in appropriate amount of games using either "x2" or "x4". You will play half the games as the Home Team and half as the Away Team obviously.

- The schedule is 8 weeks long. That would end the regular season the Tuesday before Thanksgiving (USA). If the playoffs start the week after Thanksgiving with one week per round, GDL 9 will finish the week before Christmas. So there should be no excuse to play the games.

- Database should be fully functional (again some things i.e. Standings, take one home game and one away game to be played for full functionality).

Playing Games:

Yes, the schedule is set, but please don't limit yourself to playing just those games. You don't have to wait. The main thing is get all 56 played. I know people are busy in real life, but this averages out to about 6-8 games per week (give or take). Let's be the league that plays 100% of the games.

Contacting Other Coaches:

- If you are having issues getting a hold of someone, please document it using the message system swos has implemented on the website. Please also let me know, that way if I see someone on AIM or on the forums, I can talk to them about it.

- You are required to play your opponents during the scheduled week, at the very least. Make an effort trying to settle game times with your opponent using the GDL site's contact method. This is the only place that will be evaluated if the games are not played at the end of the season and DNP penalties are given. If you didn't make the effort to get the games played using the site's contact method within the week your games were scheduled and games are not played, you will get DNP penalties.

Replacement of Coaches:

I don't even want to have to go here. We do have two coaches on the waiting list (three if I start my rigorous training now). Don't lag behind on games or cause issues that can and will result in yourself being removed from the league. I've spoken to each one of you guys, and so far I haven't had any issues with anyone yet, but I know there are reputations with certain guys. This is a new season, and a clean slate, do the right thing.

*** Sportsmanship ***

Guys, this one should be a No-Brainer! We are all here for the fun, the competition, and for the love of NHL '94. Treat each other with respect and humility. Everyone is going to lose and sometimes lose big. It sucks, it hurts, and it pisses you off. I know I'm that way. Don't b***h out and desync early, always say "GG" or "Good Game" and move on to the next one. The same goes with winning... be as gracious in victory as you are in defeat.

I think that's it...if I have left something out, please feel free to add it below or ask questions.

Good Luck to everyone, it's been a blast getting this up and running. Thanks to everyone for their help and cooperation (especially swos, smozoma, IceStorm70, Vocally Caged, kingraph, Halifax).

Make this the best GDL season yet, and GAME ON!!