NHL'94 Forums

SNES final set/Quebec post-mortem

The Deer

Well folks, after an excruciatingly long wait, we finally have the SNES league down to two.

The Rangers vs Edmonton for the Stanley Cup.

I'd like to thank Evan, Schwartz, and everyone I played against for helping me have just an unreal time in my first season of NHL 94 online hockey. I had a blast and can't wait to get next season going. I also wish both Biff and Jota best of luck in the final, although I can't lie, I want the Cup to come back to Cape Breton, so I'm cheering for the Rangers. :)

As for my series against the94kid, I don't know what to say. Well the first thing to say is that Biff played amazing, I don't know if anyone would have beaten him the way he played. As for the way I played, I choked pretty badly. After a great season and unreal first two rounds, I just got a little overexcited about the whole Cup run and got too worked up for this series. As a result, I came out of the gate with some major butterflies. I hoped that they'd eventually go away like they did against Shakazuzu, but they just didn't. I made a shitload of horrible horrible mistakes and took a bunch of extremely bad penalties as a result of pure nerves alone. I couldn't win a faceoff, couldn't stay out of the box, and I don't know how many passes either went nowhere or resulted in a turnover (and often a goal) or sometimes just hit a skate. A partial factor in the faceoffs, penalty box troubles, and passes hitting skates had to do with the computer just not liking me tonight (remember what Shaka said in another thread, "Sometimes the computer just won't let you win"), but it had more to do with me letting nerves get the better of me. But the end result is that Terry was by far the better player tonight, and I congratulate him once again on an awesome showing.

May the best man win the final, but most importantly, may the two men get the final in within the next few days!!!!

Thanks again boys and can't wait for next season.

Deer

Well folks, after an excruciatingly long wait, we finally have the SNES league down to two.

The Rangers vs Edmonton for the Stanley Cup.

I'd like to thank Evan, Schwartz, and everyone I played against for helping me have just an unreal time in my first season of NHL 94 online hockey. I had a blast and can't wait to get next season going. I also wish both Biff and Jota best of luck in the final, although I can't lie, I want the Cup to come back to Cape Breton, so I'm cheering for the Rangers. :)

As for my series against the94kid, I don't know what to say. Well the first thing to say is that Biff played amazing, I don't know if anyone would have beaten him the way he played. As for the way I played, I choked pretty badly. After a great season and unreal first two rounds, I just got a little overexcited about the whole Cup run and got too worked up for this series. As a result, I came out of the gate with some major butterflies. I hoped that they'd eventually go away like they did against Shakazuzu, but they just didn't. I made a shitload of horrible horrible mistakes and took a bunch of extremely bad penalties as a result of pure nerves alone. I couldn't win a faceoff, couldn't stay out of the box, and I don't know how many passes either went nowhere or resulted in a turnover (and often a goal) or sometimes just hit a skate. A partial factor in the faceoffs, penalty box troubles, and passes hitting skates had to do with the computer just not liking me tonight (remember what Shaka said in another thread, "Sometimes the computer just won't let you win"), but it had more to do with me letting nerves get the better of me. But the end result is that Terry was by far the better player tonight, and I congratulate him once again on an awesome showing.

May the best man win the final, but most importantly, may the two men get the final in within the next few days!!!!

Thanks again boys and can't wait for next season.

Deer

solid season for the deer and i know he will be back next with some fire, expect an even better record out of this guy...when we play u should just flip a coin cause it's usually too close to call and tonight the gods looked my way but it was a hard fought series and after getting up i did not want to let him back in it cause he is quite capable of a comeback

jota let's rock and roll and give this league something to talkabout, hoping for a great series and may the best man win...i have my comp back :lol: and u can msn,aim or whatever u want to get me, im around tomorrow evening pending any early drunkeness lol and sunday but lets get this done

again great series to my boy and i am very happy with the showing from the cape as we represented 50% of the final four and almost 75 pending rudy advanced...let it be known the boys got game :lol:

solid season for the deer and i know he will be back next with some fire, expect an even better record out of this guy...when we play u should just flip a coin cause it's usually too close to call and tonight the gods looked my way but it was a hard fought series and after getting up i did not want to let him back in it cause he is quite capable of a comeback

jota let's rock and roll and give this league something to talkabout, hoping for a great series and may the best man win...i have my comp back :) and u can msn,aim or whatever u want to get me, im around tomorrow evening pending any early drunkeness lol and sunday but lets get this done

again great series to my boy and i am very happy with the showing from the cape as we represented 50% of the final four and almost 75 pending rudy advanced...let it be known the boys got game :lol:

mmmmmmmm.... waffles.....

Hey guys,

So we have EDM-NYR in the finals... sounds great! Jacob (database king) won't be around till Sunday. If you guys play before then and the site isn't updated for Round 4... just post or write down the scores. The site should be updated Sunday night.

Good luck guys!

-Evan

Hey guys,

So we have EDM-NYR in the finals... sounds great! Jacob (database king) won't be around till Sunday. If you guys play before then and the site isn't updated for Round 4... just post or write down the scores. The site should be updated Sunday night.

Good luck guys!

-Evan

question about home ice, is it the standard where the most reg season points gets home or seed??

question about home ice, is it the standard where the most reg season points gets home or seed??

Good question.

If I'm not mistaken, in the NHL - home ice is awarded to the team with the higher points because they re-seed.

I believe the NBA does it differently and uses the seed to determine home ice.

Yes... higher points. NYR has home ice advantage.

GM1 @ NYR

GM2 @ NYR

GM3 @ EDM

GM4 @ EDM

GM5 @ NYR

GM6 @ EDM

GM7 @ NYR

-Evan