NHL'94 Forums

snes and sega-checking ips and replacing van and chi in B side

hokkeefan

just wondering what people would think of hardcore guys in playing both leagues but starting in B -league (sega to snes or opposite).............also i think the IPs should be checked so people arent trying to have multiple teams in any division using different names..................and yes i think if you move up to A side you should be replaced right away even though you could play both schedules no problem, just to be fair :)

just wondering what people would think of hardcore guys in playing both leagues but starting in B -league (sega to snes or opposite).............also i think the IPs should be checked so people arent trying to have multiple teams in any division using different names..................and yes i think if you move up to A side you should be replaced right away even though you could play both schedules no problem, just to be fair :)

lol dude you have waaaaaaay too much time on your hands ;)

One thing to consider... The teams most likely to be replaced in either league are going to be the cruddy teams and/or the teams with the worst records, because those are the owners who are probably going to be the most discouraged and just give up. (Like San Jose, only 11 games played, 1-10, and none in the last 30 days.) It might be weird to ask a B leaguer to give up his presumably playoff-bound team to take that on. I was happy - and flattered - to pick up Edmonton and try to get those games played after aepurniet bowed out... But in addition to the 1-5 inherited record, some of the Month One games he already forfeited have been difficult to make up, as in the week I've been controlling the team there are a number of owners I've never seen logged on. So that team is going to really scramble to make the playoffs, while I'll likely clinch the #1 seed in B within the next 48 hours or so (not trying to be cocky, but any combination of 5 CHI wins and VAN losses does it).

I'll definitely do whatever is best for the league, there is no question about that. But if we're trying to get guys off of the waiting list, there are three teams in B with <15 games played (20 required by Oct 7th) and zero games played in October - that might not be a bad place to start.

One man's humble, but exceedingly biased, opinion.

Thanks for all the posts guys.

Sorry it may seem frustrating to see guys not playing games. I have contacted the guys in Gens B about playing.

I can say this: The next guy on the list seems to be very happy to be able to get in the league. Giving up your Gens B team is cool, but there aren't many games to play for you guys (especially Vancouver).

It seems the admin team has been uncharacterisically busy this season so I'd like to apologize for that. I should have replacements for Gens B coaches in the next few days if those 3 guys don't start playing.

As far as Snes replacements, maybe someone from the Snes league can offer to help out Mat a little? He seems to be bogged down lately. I hate to see anything I'm responsible for be half-assed.

We'll make sure stuff moves along, and hopefully we'll have the FFs and DNPs posted sometime next week.

For all the coaches who have been doing their part, I appreciate it. The league would be no where without you guys.

-Evan

Evan said it well, but I need to apologize on my own part as I've found myself behind in many of my commitements this year and I've been working to catch back up. Evan has covered my ass numerous times and things are finally starting to return back to normal. I think there's enough time to salvage the season, and the one coming up next will hopefully run smoother as we will have a bigger list of consistently active players. Again I apologize as I feel like I failed you guys a bit, but I'm committed to visiting the site and responding to emails daily until the end of the season. Those promised Stanley Cups will also make an appearance this time around so hopefully I can finally repent and be forgiven :)