NHL'94 Forums

Blowouts

halifax

Blowouts  

13 members have voted

1. 1. You've just lost a league game by 8 goals or more...how do you handle it?

• I confirm the score and know that I've been beaten fairly
    • I confirm the score but I hate getting embarassed
    • I don't confirm the score cause the other guy is a cheater and I file a complaint with the league
    • I don't confirm the score cause I don't want the other player to have a blow out against me (aka sore loser)

What's your take on blow outs? Good or bad for league play or just simply part of the game?

If I'm getting shut out in the 3rd I have a tendency to create my own blowouts, switching to a really wide-open game, taking a tons of chances in an effort to score. Leaves me open to a lot of breakaways and putbacks from ill-advised goalie passes, and almost always makes the final goal differential worse. But after cutting my teeth on the original cart (what would have been '92) where shutouts came about once every 1000 games, I'm conditioned to try to avoid it at all costs.

Guest BSDaemon

Yup, if you (or your team - it DOES happen!) are playing poorly, it just becomes "one of *those* games", where everything seems to find the way to the back of your net. I usually feel better about blowouts then I do losing a close game. A close game I get mad because I could have taken it... but a blowout just ends up being "meh... next game now plz"

funny to hear you say that after our game BS

I know its frustrating sometimes. Especially in this

league vs deer & caper. I lost 11-2 to deer & I think

I didn't say anything!

but after playin poker for 6 years I realize hockey isn't

somethin to get frustrated over!!!!

As for Deer, I hope to meet him in finals.. he's a great

player & I think I will give him a good fight!!

Although I have to get through Detroit & chicago 1st.