NHL'94 Forums

Newbie help anyone?

Ok..sorry if this is repeating....ps...this site is AWESOME! Questions..

1. I just bought a genesis off ebay...why doesn't 94 have blood? I remember it did right?

2. How is everyone updating to todays lineups? Is this a computer download and guys are playing on computer? What controller is everyone using if so?

3. How do you guys record your games (asuming its from a console)

thx in advance!!!!

1. I just bought a genesis off ebay...why doesn't 94 have blood? I remember it did right?

Because God hates me. Yes, it was in '93.

2. How is everyone updating to todays lineups? Is this a computer download and guys are playing on computer? What controller is everyone using if so?

You guessed it. There are console emulators for almost any somewhat popular machine of the past that allow you to play your favorite games on the computer by loading in the appropriate ROM for the game. Some emulators will allow for multiple player games over the Internet, which still makes my head explode. A few intrepid folks have taken to editing the code of the ROMs, which allows for fun variations like updated teams and rosters. Here is a getting started guide:

http://nhl94online.com/html/getting-started.shtml

People use different controllers. Some play on keyboard, some use a standard PC gamepad, some like myself use a USB adapter for the old school Genesis controllers. YMMV.

3. How do you guys record your games (asuming its from a console)

thx in advance!!!!

I'll have to leave someone else to answer this, as I've never successfully recorded a netplay game without completely fokkering the connection and lag.

thx very much. Ok...well here's what's on the docket. I need to get a DLP projector.....set up to my computer....then I have to get a couple USB things for my sega controllers. Then gotta download that ROM game and start playing. Holy hell this is great.

last question....

It looks like the download allows for only online play. Are you able to play vs a computer at all with this? Just wondering. Oh...and can you play any player from any era?

thx a mill.

You can definitely play against the computer. Follow the instructions from the Getting Started guide but instead of going to Netplay, just go to Open ROM and you're good to go. You can play any of the players and teams on the original NHL '94 ROM, but if you use one of the custom ROMs people around here distribute, the possibilities are pretty limitless.

if you need an adapter cord for your gens pad... you can pick one up on www.retrousb.com. The adapter cord cost me about $20. Then it's just plug in the pad into your USB, dl the emulator, configure your pad on the emulator, dl the rom and you're ready to go. Good luck!

here's a quick question....I bought NHL 95 for my sega...and I can't do the spin-o-rama? I hit every button. This was in 95 wasn't it?

thx in advance!

I could be wrong, but i think the spin-o-rama was introduced in 96.

New Features to 95 were

- Fake Slap Shot (God I wish 94 Had this!!)

- Lay on the Ice to Block Shots (another awesome feature)

- Season Mode