NHL'94 Forums

HOW TO: Enable Hidden "30 Second" Periods. [SNES]

McMarkis

Enable Hidden "30 Second" Periods

I think this hack was originally found in the GENS version but may not have been fully documented. Here is the link to my GENS post, its slightly different.

Guess what? Buried deep in the ROM, like a pirate's treasure, there's a sneaky '30 Second' period option playing hide-and-seek! If you're up for a bit of digital treasure hunting and want to unlock this secret in your ROM, just tweak these Hex values

Headerless Rom
ROM Offset: (hex) 000EACD7 
Change: 03 to 04

It's like whispering a secret code to open a hidden chamber! But beware, once you activate it, your game time could disappear faster than a fart in the wind – one minute you're playing, the next, poof! It's all over!

image.png

image.png

nhl94.sfc

Edited by McMarkis
Update
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

For those who have a cartridge and a Game Genie (or just don't feel like doing any hex editing), Game Genie code 

D0C2-49E5

can be entered for the same result.

EDIT: The byte in Japanese version of the game is at a different address, EAD7D, or Game Genie code 

D0C5-1555

I've also noticed through RAM editing that all the other SNES NHL games, as well as GBA 2002, has a 30-second option. Still need to find ROM offsets for them. Also very possible there are button codes, too (as is the case with the Genesis versions).

EDIT: For 93, change the value at 7F56F from 03 to 04, or use Game Genie code 

D0E1-37EA
Edited by SabreFan1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1