NHL'94 Forums

HEL Bowl XXXVI

Schwabe

In what has been almost a decade year old tradition, a small group of talented 94 players hailing from Edmonton Alberta gather today in what is regarded as the most competitive offline NHL 94 Tournament in the world:

HEL BOWL

Today's tournament commences later this afternoon. 32 Time HEL Bowl Champion Mike Vikse is not surprisingly a top contentder for the winner, however the favorite going in has got to be Derrick Schwabe ( self plug) after defeating Vikse 4 times a row in last night's Exhibition games.

About HEL Bowl Tournaments:

Usually involve about 5 to 10 guys, with at least 3 commissioners + current champion required for a Tourney. Tournament format changes, but typically involve a round robin, a best of 3, best of 5 semi finals, a best of 7 final plus a whole lot of beer drinking in between. Our tournaments are on average about 3.5 hours, but today we have 2 TV's on the go so it should go by faster.

A summary of today's HEL BOWL results will be posted after the tourney.

On the topic of HEL BOWL Tournaments, I'd like to express our interest in hosting an official international offline NHL94 Tournament. It would be hosted in Edmonton, Alberta. Tentative date could be as early as Summer 2007. Interested participants would probably need Hotel & Accomodations, although you might be able to crash at my place LOL. Anyways, it is something NHL94.com should be aware of, and certainly when we get closer to making the Tourney official more info will be posted.

--Schwabe

Is it SNES? I'm moving to regina in june for a few months work and then to calgary to live in sept. I'd try make the trip for a tourney.