NHL'94 Forums

Lock-up at Ron Bar matchup screen

I recently used the Nose editor to swap some players around. Everything seems to work ok except one thing.

When scrolling Ron Barr's matchup screen (the hot / cold screen) the game locks up when the Centers come up. It just totally freezes.

Im new to editing and don't even know where to start. It seems to happen on most teams but not all. Any ideas?

I've had that happen to me quite a few times.. :P Snes though.. But when it freezes at that point, during the presentation it usually is something wrong in the lineup. I'm not to great at this either so I don't know if I can help.. But what I do at that point is first compare the new roster to the most recent working (making backups is one of the most important things when messing with thins like this) and see if there might be some obvious errors.. I do learn more and more, but a few times I have had to replace (in a hex editor, since there's no NOSE for Snes) the whole team and then re-enter the things I want edited.

Let's wait for wboy, he'll know what to do :D

Another potential problem could be with the player card pointer data referencing a player index that doesn't exist e.g. because you reduced the amount of players in a team.

Does it happen at the startup/main menu if you let it cycle the same player cards?

Also, try testing the Player Cards screen (in-game menu) as well to see if the same bug happens there when you cycle through the players. (Hit start immediately after Ron Barr shows up to get past that sceen)

Check the player card tutorial at my site for more info re the player card pointers.

Another potential problem could be with the player card pointer data referencing a player index that doesn't exist e.g. because you reduced the amount of players in a team.

Does it happen at the startup/main menu if you let it cycle the same player cards?

Also, try testing the Player Cards screen (in-game menu) as well to see if the same bug happens there when you cycle through the players. (Hit start immediately after Ron Barr shows up to get past that sceen)

Check the player card tutorial at my site for more info re the player card pointers.

Thanks for the tips.

I know for sure it does not happen at the startup/options menu when I cycle through the cards.

Ill check out your card tutorial.