NHL'94 Forums

is there anything you can do to make the computer decent?

please describe this in greater detail. anybody else have similar results?

I don't know if I can explain it well but here goes. It's like sometimes when you play on the console there is a dissonance between what you hit on the controller and what happens on screen. Then the computer takes it advantage. It's almost like it reads what you've hit and then reacts to it BEFORE it happens on the screen. So when you play on the console you have to constantly think of how to do things and execute them before you normally would. Sometimes it works great and other times it is a fiasco. I hope that clears it up. I don't think I can explain any better.

Also I think that we (Evan and I) have killed every single cartridge we own with 20+ goals games. After having one of those the cartridge goes into shut down and the next few games we're lucky if we can get a 10+ goal game. It seriously adapts. I think it is the first learning computer built by Skynet. :blink:

huh. I guess I'm not convinced that the AI gets harder (it doesn't do this on the SNES version, I promise). thanks for the description, if you ever get a video of said phenomenon, I'd like to see it. stay smiling.