NHL'94 Forums

Genesis glitches questions

trudatman

played some Sega version today. went to overtime with the Calgary scrubs versus the Allstars East. they were awarded an unexpected penalty shot at the end of regulation. pretty sure it wasn't deserved (not even a breakaway, if I remember correctly). during overtime, I passed the puck and the receiving player was controlled by the computer. when I tried to switch to the puckcarrier, I was switched to another player instead. after the computer-controlled player passed the puck, things were back to "normal." do these things happen often in the Sega version (I play 1:1000::Sega:Nintendo, so I wouldn't really know)?

I posted this question in the wrong thread and somebody cried about it, so I'm starting a new topic about it. is it "normal?"

If you hear the breakaway sound(which sounds like the beep with a minute remaining in a period), a penalty shot can be rewarded incorrectly if you check him any time after the beep.

As for the computer controlled puck carrier, it seems to happen after a pass goes to the wrong player. But honestly Im not completely sure why this one happens.

If you hear the breakaway sound(which sounds like the beep with a minute remaining in a period), a penalty shot can be rewarded incorrectly if you check him any time after the beep.

As for the computer controlled puck carrier, it seems to happen after a pass goes to the wrong player. But honestly Im not completely sure why this one happens.

there's actually times when u get a penalty on a breakaway and all they do is call the penalty with no PS. Not sure if it's related to the team already being shorthanded.