NHL'94 Forums

A new idea for the NHL 2009 rom

I have a slight idea, to make this a long tournament for everybody why don't we have place matchups for the losers of each round, so they have something to play for or if they just want to play longer?

You mean like how Statto did with the Classic League? Sure, I don't see anything wrong with that; I just have to adjust the brackets in accordance as to how each round plays out.

Ok, so feivelclark has Columbus and Hokkee will be Anaheim. I'll jolt them down on the list of teams now; as for playing the series... Well, how about we play them during the actual Stanley Cup finals? We'll have more time to play by then.

You mean like how Statto did with the Classic League? Sure, I don't see anything wrong with that; I just have to adjust the brackets in accordance as to how each round plays out.

Ok, so feivelclark has Columbus and Hokkee will be Anaheim. I'll jolt them down on the list of teams now; as for playing the series... Well, how about we play them during the actual Stanley Cup finals? We'll have more time to play by then.

Who has any time whatsoever to do anything during the Stanley Cup finals???

:-D

imho if your opponent has time to play why not just play?

Ducks already taken by hokkee. I could have you on the waiting list just in case, though.

Well, I guess there's no helping it if you guys feel antsy and want to play. Just lemme make or get a bracket and we'll be set, just to avoid confusion.

Sounds nice. I'll set a thread where you can post the appropiate scores.

Oh yeah, one more thing! To give an authentic feel to these playoffs, I'll apply reseeding after the 1st round series become settled. I'll also create a loser's bracket as the dust begins to clear so that everyone will be able to keep playing!

Huzzah! The bracket is done! Check it out now.

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=...up%202009%20ROM

Edited by RedWingDevil

In case no one has the ROM, I'm sharing it here. Download and play with it, It's easy.

NHL2009.bin

Edited by RedWingDevil

It has come to my atention from Freydey that some of you have played without line changes on this tournament.

It's not that I really mind it, or I'm strict on this particular rule. I simply want to know who's been using the line changes and who hasn't; the other issue is that if you guys wish for me to remove it just so you use the best lines. Speak out here.