NHL'94 Forums

New guy looking for advice

crackawhat

Hey guys, hows it goin? I've been a long time NHL 97 player (read the rest before you hate me!), but I have finally seen the light and switched to NHL 94. I was attempting to play NHL 97 online vs a friend of mine, but as you guys probably know, NHL 97 doesn't work over Kaillera. So I stumbled across this site, and have been playing with the NHL 94 2009 Rosters rom, and I'm loving it :lol: . But there are a few questions I wish to ask;

1. I was reading about the weight-bug on the website, does the majority of the community use the fixed weight bug rom?

2. Which way do you prefer to attempt to score goals? Rebounds, wrap arounds, one timers? (Im a fan of one-timers myself)

3. I play with line changes on, and it seems the only way to change your line is to hold A, do a dinky little flip, and then have the line change menu pop up. Is there a better way? Or even, is there a way to dump the puck with more force and line change at the same time?

4. Would anyone like to play some games together? So I can see how good or bad I am (I've only been playing against AI's, which isnt much of a challenge)?

Hey guys, hows it goin? I've been a long time NHL 97 player (read the rest before you hate me!), but I have finally seen the light and switched to NHL 94. I was attempting to play NHL 97 online vs a friend of mine, but as you guys probably know, NHL 97 doesn't work over Kaillera. So I stumbled across this site, and have been playing with the NHL 94 2009 Rosters rom, and I'm loving it :lol: . But there are a few questions I wish to ask;

1. I was reading about the weight-bug on the website, does the majority of the community use the fixed weight bug rom?

2. Which way do you prefer to attempt to score goals? Rebounds, wrap arounds, one timers? (Im a fan of one-timers myself)

3. I play with line changes on, and it seems the only way to change your line is to hold A, do a dinky little flip, and then have the line change menu pop up. Is there a better way? Or even, is there a way to dump the puck with more force and line change at the same time?

4. Would anyone like to play some games together? So I can see how good or bad I am (I've only been playing against AI's, which isnt much of a challenge)?

welcome to the community bro.

1. I was reading about the weight-bug on the website, does the majority of the community use the fixed weight bug rom? a: Kinda 50/50 now. the rage recently has been the bug fixed roms

2. Which way do you prefer to attempt to score goals? Rebounds, wrap arounds, one timers? (Im a fan of one-timers myself) a: I'm a deke fan myself, but cross crease one timers are pretty sweet.

3. I play with line changes on, and it seems the only way to change your line is to hold A, do a dinky little flip, and then have the line change menu pop up. Is there a better way? Or even, is there a way to dump the puck with more force and line change at the same time? a: Not that I'm aware of

4. Would anyone like to play some games together? So I can see how good or bad I am (I've only been playing against AI's, which isnt much of a challenge)? a: Hit me up for some games AIM: IcestormNHL94

1. Personally, I stick with the real thing. The universal truth. The ubergod of ubergods. A man among boys, god among men, Chuck Norris among gods, PK Subban among Chuck Norrises, etc. It's the way it was made it was made to be enjoyed, so let us follow the light.

2. I'm a bit of a crease-crosser myself, mostly because I can't deke to save my life. I also throw in a one-timer every once in a while, just to keep you on your toes.

3. No, 'tis the only way. The only solution, it seems, it to play line changes off. Works for me.

4. Hell yes. Best chance you'll get to win for a while. AIM me at MeatSkid1.

ya its shifting to the bug fix, its like a completely diff games all players are diff.

I like onetimers

other than whistles no.

yeah try some 2on2, highly addictive

aim: canadiensfan66

Whatever is in front of you

One-timers were my best friend until I started playing against humans. Learn to deke, and you'll be a master.

Sure. AIM: IQ25Boogiers