NHL'94 Forums

New NHL film

TruePensFan1981

According to my sources (who wish to remain anonymous), Mr. Lucas has been developing a new Star Wars movie. It's not a new movie per se, as it's more of a remake of the original trilogy of Star Wars. Mr. Lucas is apparently a very big hockey fan; likewise, some NHLers (past and present) are avid Star Wars fans as well! They are still in the stages of finishing up their casting; however, Lucas plans to have some preliminary filming done A.S.A.P. so that an official preview may be released at next year's NHL awards show.

Here are some excerpts from the script.

694px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png

CAST

Luke Skywalker: Wayne Gretzky

Han Solo: Mario Lemieux

Chewbacca: Stu Grimson

Lando Calrissian: Grant Fuhr

Princess Leia: Janet Jones Gretzky

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Gordie Howe

Yoda: Darren Pang

R2-D2: Theoren Fleury

C-3PO: Gary Bettman

Ewok head tribesman: Daniel Briere

Jar-Jar Binks: Jeremy Roenick

Darth Vader: Dale Hunter

Emperor Palpatine: Bobby Clarke

Bobba Fett: Eric Lindros

Jabba the Hut: Roman Cechmanek

Some scenes (according to anonymous sources)

Howe (Kenobi): You can’t win, but there ARE alternatives to fighting.

Lemieux (Solo): Coming from YOU, that’s surprising to hear!

Gretzky (Luke): Listen, Master Yoda. I appreciate the lessons, but I have to be leaving Dagobah for now. I must head back to Hoth and play some hockey with my friends, then get ready for the assault on the empire’s space station.

Pang (Yoda): Hoth, you say? Hockey, you play? Take me, you must! Getting my gear, I shall!

Gretzky (Luke): Uh, no thanks. We have enough goalies.

Pang (Yoda): By my size, judge me, you mustn’t! Good goalie, I am!

Bettman (C-3PO): Mr. Solo, sir, I must advise you: the odds of flying through an asteroid field…

Lemieux (Solo): Listen, pipsqueak! I was out of commission for a while but came back to win employee of the year after back surgery, and I survived cancer. NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS!

Grimson (Chewie): RAAAAAAAAAAHR!

Bettman (C-3PO): Oh, quit whining, you hairy oaf! It’s a perfectly legal move!

Lemieux (Solo): I’d let him win if I were you. Wookies are known to tear people’s arms out of their sockets after losing.

________________________________________________________________________________

____

Fleury (R2-D2): Beep-blip, beep booooop!

Fuhr (Lando): What did he say?

Bettman (C-3PO): He said it’s been a long day, and he needs a beer. He also wants to know if you’ll give him a shine. …. Oh my! R2, I think you’ve offended Mr. Calrissian!

Very funny bud, is George Lucas a penguins fan too!?!?

Lex Luthor: Lord, you gave them eyes, yet they cannot see.

If Lucas were a Pens fan, he would've assigned the role of Luke Skywalker to Sidney Crosby, rather than Wayne Gretzky. Now be nice, or I won't give you any power boosters!

Thanks dude, Lucas Must at least be a flyer hater then!!!

Even in a joke topic, there's always somebody who needs to be uptight and complain. Wow.

Lucas a Flyer hater? Sure... or you can accept the fact that you're just 100% paranoid. :) Clarke as emperor is fitting for the following reasons:

1. He was a leader.

2. He was one ugly S.O.B.

Sure, he didn't have Mace Windu melt his face at all, but those missing teeth were part of a face that only a mother could love.

Originally, there were thoughts of Eric Lindros as Darth Vader (due to his enormous stature); however, it was decided that Lindros would be better of as Bobba Fett, as Fett did lose his head in battle.

Dale Hunter was a callous and merciless S.O.B. and thus was deemed to be Darth Vader.

I hope you at least got a laugh out of this thread, as it was intended to be a humorous one that would bring a chuckle or two to Star Wars fans and hockey fans alike. Sorry I didn't make a Tim Kerr snow cone machine to replace Snoopy! B)

Nice idea, TPF. Although I think there's something in the casting that's a little off.

Jar Jar Binks - Sean Avery

That's better.