NHL'94 Forums

IIHF League Official Signup

beavers33

let him do what he want wtga

equal ftw

alright, we're definitely not going to accurately rate players from every country, that's just crazy. good luck getting accurate ratings for norway's second line. c'mon, man. let's go with the original idea. within a day or two i'll have guidelines for how i want you to rate your teams. we're still looking for 2 more guys to get to 16.

alright, we're definitely not going to accurately rate players from every country, that's just crazy. good luck getting accurate ratings for norway's second line. c'mon, man. let's go with the original idea. within a day or two i'll have guidelines for how i want you to rate your teams. we're still looking for 2 more guys to get to 16.

Sure you can. Just check out theyr hockey background on Hockey DB.

There's actually a chart by Desjardins to Pro-rata what numbers in what league would give what in the NHL.

=D

a long time ago i made a spreadsheet for a 'create your own players' league... i deleted it, but here are some of the ideas:

• you get a number of points to spend on attributes for your players.
  • some attributes cost more than others (speed costs a lot, or everyone would give their guys 5-6 speed)
  • maybe have the costs different per position. checking/weight costs a lot for D, but shot power and speed costs a lot for forwards..)

One of the issues I had was that you're going to have a top line and some benchwarmers. If you let people spread their points out among all their players, of course they're going to make their benchwarmers total pylons. You need a way to avoid this. Here are some ideas:

• make it so you have to spend the same number of points on each player. this is the easiest, but has the downside that all the players are pretty similar (you can't buff one guy and have weak wingers)
  • make it so you have to spend the same number of points on your first line guys. for the 2nd line guys, you also have to spend the same number on each of them, but that number is lower than for your first line guys.
  • give a bunch of 1st-line points, and not as many 2nd-line points. none of your 2nd-line guys can have more points applied to them than any 1st line guy.

Another thing to think about:

what about those attributes that don't directly affect the usefulness of a player? aggression, endurance, roughness..

• make them all the same for all players or by position
  • give x 1st line points and y 2nd line points to distribute. allow not using all points.

some good ideas, smoz. i had been considering doing the attributes like EA does in BAP. Just like you said, to upgrade speed, etc... it costs more. maybe certain players have designated points based on what type of player they are, like power forward, dangler, sniper, playmaker, d-dman, o-dman...