NHL'94 Forums

Request: NHL 94 SNES 2010 Rosters

Schwabe

This is an official request for an updated NHL 94 SNES ROM with 2010 rosters.

difficult without the ability to edit logos and there being only 28 teams :(

Doing rosters is easy, though, with Statto's editor, so I encourage you to make your own version if you're up for the effort ;)

Edited by smozoma

northstar91 did an 09 update that featured updated graphics. Here's the download thread:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=9691

His solution was to provide alternate roms which have different teams.

Anyway, to get 2010 rosters I guess it should only be a matter of editing his rom ?

northstar91 did an 09 update that featured updated graphics. Here's the download thread:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=9691

His solution was to provide alternate roms which have different teams.

Anyway, to get 2010 rosters I guess it should only be a matter of editing his rom ?

Yeah, just edit his ROMs.

The logos are not updated in those ROMs. Carolina still uses the HFD logo, and so on.

If you mean the banner text and colours and the sweater colours, that can also be done in Statto's editor.

Making a fully editable ROM is on my to-do list, but I think it's a few months away (I haven't worked on anything since doing the SNES 93 52 team ROM)

Edited by smozoma

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I just noticed these posts today; sorry about the delay. I have a couple of edits that I've been working on (I like to save a pre-trade deadline, end of season, and playoff ROM). I can send over my Playoffs rom (with rosters/lines updated through the second round of the playoffs).

Note changes from '09 rom:

* Carolina replaced by Nashville

* Columbus replaced by New York Islanders

* Some teams' uniforms are alternates (most of the non-playoff teams with alternates, LA, and Philly's away)

* In addition to the current playoff bracket, I added a non-conference (by points and by wins) bracket and a "consolation" bracket for non-playoff teams.

Enjoy!

*Edit: ratings are now based on the GENS version by swos and mahavishnu.

NHL \'10 Final.zip

Edited by northstar91

Awesome job man! Thanks for uploading your playoff rom. Your efforts have paid off, this will be put to good use!

UPDATE: just played a best of 7 with MTL vs PHI. pondhcky1 won (4-2 pondhcky). It was fun to play with active players.

Edited by Schwabe

• 3 weeks later...

Rask and Thomas seem underrated. Satan, too. overall, this is awesome. please keep tweaking the ratings.

can't remember the last time I had an overtime against the computer (even with scrubs subbed in). doing a best of seven as Boston and Ference put the OT game winner in to end the series (in four, of course). I think 0/12 one-timers had a bit to do with the parity.

excellent stuff. all of the Boston forwards got to have full names, but Boychuck is just "J" -- no dot when he gets onto the scoreboard, either. could all players have their full names? I saw that the last name size limit was broken, putting somebody over the edge of the overlaid box. well, GREAT hack. don't slack!

edit: died in the seventh game, overall, on a pass reception. black screen. Jersey was weak. was looking forward to Washington.

Edited by trudatman

• 1 month later...

Rask and Thomas seem underrated. Satan, too. overall, this is awesome. please keep tweaking the ratings.

can't remember the last time I had an overtime against the computer (even with scrubs subbed in). doing a best of seven as Boston and Ference put the OT game winner in to end the series (in four, of course). I think 0/12 one-timers had a bit to do with the parity.

excellent stuff. all of the Boston forwards got to have full names, but Boychuck is just "J" -- no dot when he gets onto the scoreboard, either. could all players have their full names? I saw that the last name size limit was broken, putting somebody over the edge of the overlaid box. well, GREAT hack. don't slack!

edit: died in the seventh game, overall, on a pass reception. black screen. Jersey was weak. was looking forward to Washington.

Good news! I've been working on altering the ratings based on the newest revision of swos and mahavishnu's GENS update, which I have much appreciated. Look for that coming up shortly...

As for the names, I'm just working with the limitations set by the original rom; once the way to add to player lengths have been found, then I will take care of it (although I myself would prefer 30 teams.) As far as "just 'J'", that is again a decision made to try to get as many full (or semi-full) names as I could (especially for Anaheim and Florida, since by including the period I could not even have everyone's complete last name.) I know it is inconvenient, but I feel that it's a small loss.

once the way to add to player lengths have been found, then I will take care of it (although I myself would prefer 30 teams.)

The way to change player name lengths is known, it just isn't in Statto's editor, because making the editor use and change team pointers is a bit difficult, I guess :)

I'm just about done my SNES NHLPA'93 64-team ROM with editable graphics, and once I've released it, I'll start on making a 30+ team '94 ROM. Should be done before the end of the year, I guess, depending on how easy/hard it is :P

• 5 weeks later...

Hey northstar, any progress on your latest rom?

Looking forward to it!

Yeah, the new revision (based on ratings from the latest GENS update) is up now (check the earlier post I had made for the new zip file.) No offseason changes have been made yet on the rom, I'll probably get something up before the start of the regular season.