NHL'94 Forums

new idea for the blitz

PixelDragon

Hey

I have proposition

why not play an additional cup, something like the "Blitz cup"

Opposing the all teams of the blitz A and B league

So the B players can test her skills again the A players,

The cup can be made in a best of 3 series, or in 2 games with addition of the 2 scores...

24 teams, 1 first round with 16 teams (4 A teams + 12 B teams) , and then the 8 winners with the 8 other teams from the A league...

What do you think ?

I like the idea but might make a couple changes.

Have this run at the same time as the normal playoffs.

Have this include the 4 teams from A that missed the playoffs and the 4 teams from B that missed the playoffs by default with substitutions if needed.

I like the idea but might make a couple changes.

Have this run at the same time as the normal playoffs.

Have this include the 4 teams from A that missed the playoffs and the 4 teams from B that missed the playoffs by default with substitutions if needed.

They are no change for the normal season, the cup is an additional competition, and can be played in parallel, during the regular season with an ending before the start of the playoffs

maybe the 8 teams from last season that compete in the A playoffs (the season 4 then) can be exempt of the first round, and the 4 last A team + 12 B teams play for the first round... the rules are the same that in the blitz...

or if we choice a qualifies method in the season, we can admite that we start the cup in the middle of the season, @ the 22 match then, and the the 8 teams exempt from the first round are the 8 best classed team in the A...

The cup can start @ the 22 match dead line, whatever, all the player have played her first 22 matches or not....

We can can choice an earlier dead line, 10 matches, 16 matches... or a date, for the start...

For exemple in the moment, and if the deadline in the calender was today the best classified team in the A exempt for the first round are

1) Buffalo 45 pts,

2) Montreal 44

3) Florida 31

4) New York I 31

5) Edmonto 31

6) New Jersey 30,5

7) Chicago 30

8) St Louis 21,5

and the first round is

9) Philadelphia - Calgary 24)

10) Tampa Bay - Vancouver 23)

11) Dallas - Toronto 22)

12) New York R - Quebec 21)

13) Hartford - Anaheim 20)

14) San José - Boston 19)

15) Pittsburgh - Winnipeg 18)

16) Detroit - Washington 17)

For a playing faster we can choice a best of 2 series for all the cup...

Oh boy it ain't gonna be pretty.

Whoa, Yeah, my mistake.

Maybe do something like this before the next season as a "pre-season" that anyone can sign up for it they want. Just like a 16 team best of 5 tournament to get everyone ready for the upcoming season.