NHL'94 Forums

Question for you eastern canadians or should i put canadiens?!

So are you guys Canadians or Quebecians? I see in gdl you guys rather show your french flag over the Canadian flag,sure im from BC but i never put my province over my country.So do all of you think you should have your own country and be seperatists or are you fn CANADIANS!!!!!!

Well being from the Maritimes, Ive noticed its more a Quebec thing and also an Acadian thing. They wave their flag as equal to the Canadain

flag. The Acadian flag has 3 colors, red white and blue.

I know what you fellow Americens Americans are thinking... WTF is an Acadien Acadian? Here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acadians

Pretty interesting. I'm one step closer to figuring out this whole French occupied territory of Canada and Quebec and Montreal and how it's different from the rest of Canada. It's actually kind of neat to me since I enjoy history but have no clue of Canada's. I guess it's kinda like the old North/South of America. I mean, no way similar but that's the only example I can relate to from my country. My friend was trying to explain things to me telling me that Quebec wants to be it's own country and seperate from Canada since their French. What about Montreal? What's the population of French in Quebec? 90%?

Who is French from this site and can you tell me/us how you feel/where you stand about your ancestors history occupying a part of Canada?