NHL'94 Forums

Hockey Arena - owner/GM web game

smozoma

Do you have a life? Do you wish you didn't?

Then you need to sign up for Hockey Arena:

Hockey Arena

(edit: i just discovered if i add a reference link, i can get a free 'sponsor pack', so.. yeah, if you sign up, please use the link above). My ref# is 638049, but use the link above because I don't know where it asks for your reference number...

You own and manage a team. These things are really popular in Europe, especially Slovakia/CzechRep/Finland. Even Canada has ~400 active managers, and the US, over 100.

70-day, 30-game seasons against 15 other managers in your own country.

Get promoted/relegated between leagues after the season.

Keep your players between seasons, or try to sell them and buy different ones.

Train up your players while they're young (as they get old and start slowing down!).

Set your lines to maximize chemistry.

Buy and sell players on the market to fill your team needs or wallet.

Pray to the hockeyarena gods that good players come out of your Youth School every 2nd Sunday.

Every day around 3-4pm, the website updates with the results of your game that day (League games on mon/tue/thu/fri, friendlies and tournament games on wed/sat/sun).

If you're really good/dedicated, you can be elected by the other managers to run the national senior or under-20 team for your country.

I signed up last week, and it's super addictive. So many things to consider in running your team.

If you're totally lost (as you will be), read this thread on hfboards for an idea of how to play:

http://hfboards.hock...d.php?t=1056427

I'm in the Canada VI.3 league, hopefully one of you gets put in the same league!

I don't know if any of you play games on Facebook, but there's also Dynasty Hockey. That one's entertaining. I'll give this one a look. Also, do we pay money for this?

I don't know if any of you play games on Facebook, but there's also Dynasty Hockey. That one's entertaining. I'll give this one a look. Also, do we pay money for this?

It's free.

You can pay to have a "sponsor pack" that gives you a few extra features, like being able to upload a logo, and some other features that make things a bit easier, but aren't critical (like automatic bids on the market, so you don't have to manually participate in a bidding war on a player). 6 euros for 3 months, 16E for a year.

You get a free month of the sponsor pack when you sign up, so you'll know later if you want it.

Do you get more activity depending on the country of origin or something?

not sure what you mean by activity

you can buy players from any country, but their salaries will cost 15% extra if they are foreign*, so there is a slight incentive to try to keep the players you raised from your Youth School rather than sell them, or buy players from your own country.

* note: when you want to buy a player, you need to consider the signing cost, and the daily salary. daily salary is generally 10k-100k. signing cost is anywhere from 0 to hundreds of millions for the top players. so when you are just starting out and don't have a lot of money, it's nice to keep daily salary costs down if you can, by trying to sign players from your country.

There is only 1 mexico league, by the way, so there won't be promotion/relegation, you'll always be in the top league.

And here I thought I'd get lonely around there. Well, it's what I was trying to convey; I just explained it wrong.

Done. It is rather.... interesting. It'll take some time to get used to this.