NHL'94 Forums

NHL94.com Staff Pages

MaynardGKrebs

This is something that we're working on over at TecmoBowl.org, too. Staff pages would be a great addition to both sites. It's hard to know who does what and why on either site, and creating some clarity would help, we think, establish a better basis for communication to new members about whose interest is directed toward whichever specific part of the community that they oversee, so questions could be filtered through the proper channels, and etc.. Categories like Online Play, Hacking, General site information, et al.

When I first landed on this page, I had no idea who owned it, or if there were moderators / staff that focused on specific aspects of the community-building here.

Just a thought.

Edited by MaynardGKrebs

It's a nice suggestion. Evan owns nhl94.com and hosts it on his server and, of course, built all of this(with the help of another guy, jacob). However neither of them come to the forums much anymore or update the page. They have much busier lives then when when the first started the site so I don't anticipate them doing anything,

chaos is the only one who has access to make changes etc to the site but his time is pretty limited. So I'm not sure if/when this might come to fruition.

Knobbe was practically a ghost when I first started really participating on the TecmoBowl.org forums as more than just a lurker in 2007-ish. It took some creating activity by me and others in the forums to get him back on track. It's too bad to hear the people with the editing permissions don't come around too much anymore. I wish 'those in charge' would have the foresight in their own disinterest, and hand the reigns off to someone who plans to stick around and keep the community active.

Edited by MaynardGKrebs

It's not that that Evan wouldn't give someone access (since he has with Chaos)...it's more that someone from the community has to want to do it, have the technical knowledge(whatever web coding they use) and of course be trustworthy. I don't believe anyone other than chaos has asked for those privileges.

It's not that that Evan wouldn't give someone access (since he has with Chaos)...it's more that someone from the community has to want to do it, have the technical knowledge(whatever web coding they use) and of course be trustworthy. I don't believe anyone other than chaos has asked for those privileges.

Good points all.