NHL'94 Forums

GDL XI - Season Start and Rules

IceStorm70

GDL XI regular season has started. Some high level information below:

Schedule and Divisions

1) Season will consist of 56 games per team

2) Each team will play teams in their division 4x's (2H and 2A)

3) Teams will play other division within their conference 2x's (1H/1A) and 2x's against each team in other conference (1H/1A)

Checkpoints

1) Season will be 8 weeks in duration.

2) Weekly checkpoints of 7 games

3) Teams will be replaced if they fail to keep up with multiple checkpoints. Will be at discretion of myself, Swos and KingRaph. Ample warnings will be provided thru PM on site and AIM. If you do not have your PM's set up to email you, please do so. Play your games and this won;t be a concern

DNP Penalty:

Teams will have 4 points added to their season total for each game unplayed at the conclusion of the season for GDL XII draft order purposes.

Teams will have 2 points deducted from their season total at the conclusion of regular season in determining playoff teams.

Playoffs

Top 8 seeds in each conference will make the playoffs. Each division winner will be seeded either 1 or 2.

Divisional Tie breaker hierarchy

- Head to Head record

- Divisional record

- Goals scored in head to head comp

Conference Tie Breaker hierarchy

- Head to Head record

- Conference record

- Goals scored in head to head comp

Playoff Matchups

- 1 v 8, 2 v 7, 3 v 6, 4 v 5

- Re-seeding will occur after each round

- Finals home ice advantage will be set based on most points. If tied, tie breaker will be head to head record then total goals in head to head.

Website is now on www.NHL94online.com

Special thanks to Chaos for website setup and DaDonche for Rom graphics. Without your help none of this would be possible. Cheers!

booya, awesome chaos bringing the gdl site into nhl94online, this rocks :)

but not so awesome for the divisions.

My internet is down and it won't be until Monday until those f_______s at Frontier can come fix it. Since I don't really have time to play Mon-Thu, there's a good chance I won't even get a single game in before the first checkpoint. I've thought about going into the local corporate headquarters of my internet company and going postal but then I'd get locked up and still not be able to play .