NHL'94 Forums

Rom Preseason v3 and 4 and Desynchs

aqualizard

Hello,

I am loving the draft and really looking forward to playing the season!! Thanks, Skip! :)

I just wanted to see if others were having problems with the preseason version 3 and 4? Last night I tried playing with Sicarius Fulgur and Jer_33, and in both instances, we could not play a single game. There were instant desynchs as soon as the puck was dropped, or soon after.

We tried many combinations: me hosting, they hosting, old Kailera, new Kailera, NVLpreseasonV3.bin, NVLpreseasonV4.bin, Firewall off, rebooting, etc., etc., we could not get one playable game. After multiple failed attempts with Jer_33, we loaded up a game of Classic to test, and played a full game flawlessly the 1st try.

I am not saying there is a problem with the ROMs. But I am saying *maybe* there is, and asking if anyone else is having problems like I described? (Instant desynch at faceoff.)

This is related to the Blitz Rom.

I had this issue every now & then in Blitz when we'd have a new guy come in.

It's generally related to the 3 button setup & the need to have it at 6 buttons because Blitz has the Y button enabled.

You can set it to 6 buttons in your configuration, even if you are playing w/ only 3 buttons. I usually hit space button or start on "dead" options.