NHL'94 Forums

NCAA Hockey: Road to Tampa Bay (NHL 94) - 2023 NCAA ROMs - Final Update

Sean

3 hours ago, Sean said:

In hindsight I wish I hadn’t taken the year off, but the modern NHL stuff was fun and a cool challenge. Might try and find a way to convert FHM10 rosters to NHL 94 rosters which would make doing a 23-24 roster super easy, and some guys would definitely make the all-time roster for their schools from this past season.

I think this one is worth revisiting too, but don’t wanna get too ahead of myself yet. It would look great with the crowd/music updates, and and the sprite tweaks I made inspired by some of what Drezz did. 

"Lofty goals" again? Fingers crossed. You can do it!

* Remember the ACHA D1/2.

On 5/3/2024 at 8:00 PM, AndrewB said:

"Lofty goals" again? Fingers crossed. You can do it!

* Remember the ACHA D1/2.

The good news is that the infrastructure for a great NHL 94 mod is already in place, and with new tools like Chaos’ image importer + some tweaks on my end, there’s no reason I can do this if I have the time. 

And trust me, I won’t forget all of the extra schools. I think I might swap the list a little bit, but it’s honestly one of my favorite parts of the mod. 

Is there any you’d specifically want to see? 

5 hours ago, Sean said:

Is there any you’d specifically want to see? 

As far as ACHA - I think the best way to do it (I don't know about easiest way), would be to just put the 24 teams that competed this year in the Murdoch Cup (ACHA D1 Championship). Then, put them in the nearest NCAA division to they're respective town/city. I haven't looked closely at all of the schools and if some areas of the US are more represented, but why not put the "best" 24 ACHA D1 in as extra teams to round out the conferences?

Your thoughts?

The 2024 ACHA Men's Division 1 Championship Field

1. Minot State

2. Adrian College

3. Central Oklahoma

4. Jamestown

5. UNLV

6. Maryville

7. Liberty

8. Ohio

9. Niagara

10. UMary

11. Purdue Northwest

12. Utah

13. Arizona

14. Grand Valley State

15. Calvin

16. Illinois State

17. Grand Canyon

18. Indiana Tech

19. Delaware

20. Pittsburgh

21. Missouri State

22. Indiana Pennsylvania

23. West Chester

24. Oswego State

On 5/7/2024 at 8:56 PM, AndrewB said:

The 2024 ACHA Men's Division 1 Championship Field

1. Minot State

5. UNLV

7. Liberty

13. Arizona

I can definitely say these 4 will be given preference because of the fact they play D-1 teams. I also like the idea of including the NE10 D2 teams (since they’re TECHNICALLY D1, just don’t compete for the Nat’l title), future teams like TSU, the NTDP teams, and USport teams that play a lot of D1 teams. 

Did some graphics work last night, hopefully can get some good stuff done this weekend. 

1 hour ago, Sean said:

I can definitely say these 4 will be given preference because of the fact they play D-1 teams. I also like the idea of including the NE10 D2 teams (since they’re TECHNICALLY D1, just don’t compete for the Nat’l title), future teams like TSU, the NTDP teams, and USport teams that play a lot of D1 teams. 

Did some graphics work last night, hopefully can get some good stuff done this weekend. 

Whoa. I didn't expect the Northeat 10 to be mentioned. Honestly, I'm not going to complain about any additional team you include, it was just easy to say  the "24". I didn't do a deep dive into who plays who, like you (impressively) do.

By what I'm reading, you could (and should?) just do a ACHA, the NE10, Development Program, etc. etc. on it's/their own.

*** I would say, though, Adrian College won the 2024 tournament and was runner-up in 2023 to Minot. So, I'd personally vote for them. ***

Thanks for responding.