NHL'94 Forums

Anaheim does the unthinkable

skoolyardpuck

after what most would consider a "MILDLY" successful season, the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim miss the playoffs once again, despite having a winning record, missing the last playoff spot by two points.

I can get mad and b***h about how lopsided the division is. especially since a couple of guys in wales are making it to the playoffs with a losing record, but it's not gonna solve anything. this kinda thing just can't be helped. I just hope that next season that guys who are half way decent wont have to have a winning percentage of over .750 to get last place in the cambell division playoff.

Im actually really surprised that this hasn't been brought up by my fellow A league coaches, but since they're all going to the playoffs, it really wouldn't matter, would it?

After deeply considering it (for like two minutes), If i decide to play any 94 at all in the future, i just hope i can stay competitive enough to not have to resort to rammers, cross crease, and hours and hours of "research" to figure out how to win. It's getting really competitive now almost to the point where it's becoming an exact science where guys are so obssessive that they're completely aware of glitches in player ratings and pick accordingly. and when it comes to that, then i'm definitely quitting this game. and the inconsistency of the game's AI is becoming overwhelming to me, as i'm not a very lucky guy. It's not that im taking the game seriously, cause i really don't. But i would expect the best out of myself if this was a thumb wrestling online league. But i think i may have reached my limit. I'll seriously think about it every now and then. You guys know where to find me. I might be up for fun game or two.

If i decide to quit, thanks to everyone ahead of time.

see you around

the skoolyardpunk

Come on man, dont talk that way. You should enjoy the fact it has got this competive and guys have studied the game. Ill tell you what game is bs online, Tecmo Super Bowl. I love it but once you memorized the playbooks (which are small), it isnt even about the game anymore. Thats the beauty of NHL 94, you can study the game but every match WILL be different because of the inconsistancies in it. Yeah, higher rated players arent neccessarly the best, but it just add to the depth and yes DO score by any means possible, doesnt matter how cheap it is cause it can all be stopped.

Dont quit, we love to have you around the league and community.

Yea skool, you are a cool dude, it would be a shame if you stopped playing. It is true that leagues are getting more competitive, but don't let that be a reason for leaving the game. You still had a successful season where you were not only competitive in every game you played, but were someone most coaches feared to play because of your skills. I experienced the same in the last Gens League where I had a losing season, but I enjoyed playign anyways.

There seems to be an overemphasis on the importance of NHL94 playoffs. I play every game because I enjoy playing, not because of the dream of winning a "Stanley Cup" in one of these leagues. I hope most guys feel that way too... or everyone is WEIRD!

Skool, I think we can all agree that the conferences were a little lopsided. However, I think since this draft league is so new, it's a live and learn process. I'm sure that there will be some modifications so that there isn't such a discrepancy in the future. But you have to just shake it off. You're still one of the top coaches and I hope to see you around for next season.