NHL'94 Forums

it's always surprising...

Ranatoro

...when you learn out of nowhere that someone is a douchebag.

Ranatoro (7:59:26 PM): game?

thegr8199kings is away at 8:01:49 PM.

thegr8199kings returned at 8:06:47 PM.

Ranatoro (8:10:33 PM): game?

Ranatoro (8:11:24 PM): a response would be fantastic

thegr8199kings is away at 8:11:46 PM.

this guy is online about 75% of the time yet always finds a reason to avoid playing me.

i'm not looking to make enemies but that subtle form of snubbing someone pisses me off.

A. I agree it is annoying when people online seem to ignore you.

B. I don't think it's necessary to confront the issue by displaying it on this message board. If it's really a big issue, you can resolve it with him when he is available.

Matt Hurray (7:59:26 PM): Hey RB, want to play an exhibition?

Raymond Borque is away at 8:01:49 PM.

Raymond Borque returned at 8:06:47 PM.

Matt Hurray (8:10:33 PM): way to go idle without an away message, you complete waste of 99 rating points

Matt Hurray (8:11:24 PM): pardon me while I go Benedict Arnold on the Bruins to get a cheap rent-a-Cup

Raymond Borque is away at 8:11:46 PM.

Matt Hurray (8:12:27 PM): I'm sorry Ray, I didn't mean it!

Auto response from Raymond Borque: crying in the bathroom

I was too late too, Ranatoro.

sweet.

anyway, yes, making a thread about this was completely uncalled for. There are some people who have families that all use the same computer, which is the case with gr8. Also, he has no reason to "avoid" playing you. he has a habit of walking away from his computer and not putting his away message on, or not signing off when someone else uses it. no need to take offense to that.

Let me just jump in on this as well. Gr81 is good about playing games and if he can't, he'll try to let you know when he is available. Sometimes he doesn't respond or it takes him awhile b/c he might not be in front of his cpu but don't think he's trying to avoid you.

I do rarely put my AIM, on Away when I step away from my PC. Just a habit I havent got into, but if people want to schedule a game with me for a certain time, Im totally up for that. Also, sometimes my AIM will come back from Away because of either my girlfriend or her kids, are going on to the computer.

P.S. Ive been very busy the last two weeks with getting back to work, playing hockey and going to Moose playoff games.

Guest Wags13
...when you learn out of nowhere that someone is a douchebag.

Ranatoro (7:59:26 PM): game?

thegr8199kings is away at 8:01:49 PM.

thegr8199kings returned at 8:06:47 PM.

Ranatoro (8:10:33 PM): game?

Ranatoro (8:11:24 PM): a response would be fantastic

thegr8199kings is away at 8:11:46 PM.

this guy is online about 75% of the time yet always finds a reason to avoid playing me.

i'm not looking to make enemies but that subtle form of snubbing someone pisses me off.

#1 You aren't that important to feel that way because someone doesn't reply to YOUR IM.

#2 To feel like anyone is avoiding playing you is ludicrous. Hell, I have a worse record than you but certainly am not afraid to play you.

#3 Get over yourself- see #1 and #2.

B)