NHL'94 Forums

want black coloured goals .....

but the change of colour also affects the inside of the light reflection!

post-1215-1187393703_thumb.jpg

is it possible to change them seperately?

i saw a pic of the goal area and the corresponding hex values on here, but can't remember where :(

i would like to have a black goal, i think it looks better

please say yes :D

most appreciated

I believe if you re-draw the net with black pixels instead of just trying to change the color via NOSE, you can accomplish this. Draw over the parts you want black with a pre-existing black in the palette and that should work... I think.

Wait for someone else to either verify or disagree with this before you waste your time, though.

also noticed the colour is also the inside of the goal-scored rotating light (probably the colour is linked because of space saving on cartridges) .....

if only the rom was totally open source ..... *wishfully thinks that* :D

been looking at the editing page - http://www.nhl94.com/html/editing/edit_bin_ice_rink.asp and see that there are three values used for this, so i guess that the way it's been originally programmed, individually editing the goals' colour isn't easy to do .....

The net, face off circles, redline, and crease all share the same palette.

It is possible to isolate individual tiles and alter colors by assigning them to existing palettes that have the color(s) you want.

The net tiles reside somewhere in the vicinity of the puck tiles (don't remember 100%), the offsets for them are in the sprite-patch thread.

If you're looking to change the net, paste some tiles from other edits; Macks, mine, Swos' etc in tm / tlp in the interim until I find time to rip the various nets and write a tut.