NHL'94 Forums

GDL - Line changes?

awesomerino

Is there in-season trading allowed? I'm guessing there would be a ton of legwork required and new releases of the the ROM every so often.

What about a mid-season trade opportunity? I know people play games at various rates so that may not be possible. Just a thought to throw out there.

Is there in-season trading allowed? I'm guessing there would be a ton of legwork required and new releases of the the ROM every so often.

What about a mid-season trade opportunity? I know people play games at various rates so that may not be possible. Just a thought to throw out there.

Oh god Icestorm, you had to bring this topic up. I know, it's not your fault. This just caused a lot of waves last season. I think what was decided last season was perfect.

NO mid-season trades for a very good reason. You have to schedule it so everyone would be at the same point in the season to start doing trades. Then there would have to be a new Rom developed. Plus, then how do you account for coach stats with a guy going to another team. Also, you have to worry about someone trading their team away b/c they don't care and then setting up a committee to approve trades so someone can't do that. It's just a lot of headaches and I honestly don't think it's worth the time or energy. Once you draft your team, there's trading before the season starts, after that rom gets locked in, that's it for the season.

I love the fact that the new guys are stepping up and coming out with great ideas. :)

We do have a trading period. It will be right after the draft is over, before the season starts.

The reason why we don't have in season or mid season trading right now is that it is a database issue. Dmitry has said before that in order to swap players in season, every team would have to stop playing and have the same number of games played. Otherwise, it creates a problem. In a league with 24 teams, it is very hard to make sure that everyone has the same amount of games played. Mid Season trading is more feasible, but the same problem exists.

So we just limit it to preseason after the draft.

lol, I kinda figured as I was typing it up- what a hassle/coordination effort it would be. Not too mention not even knowing about the stats issue etc.

What can I say, I'm a fantasy sports junky :)

And honestly, this blows away any fantasy football/hockey season I've been apart of. Maybe cuz I don't have to rely on Lee 'Freakin' Evans or Laurence Mauroney producing every week. I only have to rely on me-self.