Coaching Changes for GENS A/B & SNES

halifax

GENS A/B

monkeyjuice1702 takes over calgary

SNES

EVUNIT24 takes over NY rangers

nhlosama takes over Toronto

good luck guys.

Halifax, Whats the deal with EVUNIT taking over my team? I don't get it, it was brought up to your attention that the challenges have been made to numerous opponents. On the topic of opponents, some of these people come up with the weirdest excuses or just simply refuse to play, I have challenged these guys on numerous occasions and they dont reply to my challenges I wont mention any names, but they should know who they are. I know some of these games have to played at a certain time, but it ain't my fault these guys don't reply to my challenges. I have made the effort to play these games, they are the ones that have been unable to complete their end of the bargain.

Halifax, Whats the deal with EVUNIT taking over my team? I don't get it, it was brought up to your attention that the challenges have been made to numerous opponents. On the topic of opponents, some of these people come up with the weirdest excuses or just simply refuse to play, I have challenged these guys on numerous occasions and they dont reply to my challenges I wont mention any names, but they should know who they are. I know some of these games have to played at a certain time, but it ain't my fault these guys don't reply to my challenges. I have made the effort to play these games, they are the ones that have been unable to complete their end of the bargain.

I do remember our conversation about you having trouble getting guys to play which was about 3 weeks ago and since that time we chatted you have played capitalism games against pondhockey, theval99, jeff94rules1 and nhltrippin....but didnt play any classic league against them(would've been 7 games)

You havent played your brother 'masterof 94'..I would think you would've been able to track him down once in the last 6 weeks. that would have been two more games...and woulda put you at 19 games...which would've secured the last two deadlines.

So I don't really know what you're talking about.

I do remember our conversation about you having trouble getting guys to play which was about 3 weeks ago and since that time we chatted you have played capitalism games against pondhockey, theval99, jeff94rules1 and nhltrippin....but didnt play any classic league against them(would've been 7 games)

You havent played your brother 'masterof 94'..I would think you would've been able to track him down once in the last 6 weeks. that would have been two more games...and woulda put you at 19 games...which would've secured the last two deadlines.

So I don't really know what you're talking about.

I know I have played cap games, but at the same time classic league games challenges were recently made to these same opponents, in which they refused to answer, how can classic league games be completed if these same opponents keep relying on the same excuse, log in as invincible or just simply avoid playing me? I'm surprised these guys actually get games completed because when it comes to playing me its a different story

I am sympathetic to your plight, but I agreed at the time that a change was warranted. One of the biggest complaints of past Classic seasons - by far - has been unplayed games. In response to that, we have listened, and for Classic Spring 08 halifax and I have made it a priority to address that issue. A slightly stricter stance was judged worthwhile, although we kept a multiple-checkpoint warning / probation concept so that people wouldn't be caught unaware.

It appears that you are a well-intentioned coach who is an unfortunate casualty of the replacement policy, and for that I apologize. I do have some suggestions for future seasons -

1) Make Classic games a priority. When eager replacement coaches are willing to make Classic League a top priority, but Classic games are less important to an existing coach than Capitalism of GDL games, that's a situation where a coach who is stretched thin might be better off making way for a wait list coach - who may be overjoyed and enthusiastic about getting a shot. Could be good for everyone.

2) Use email to set up games. Some people are hard to find "in real time" via IM, but email gives you a better shot.

3) Use the "Schedule a Game" forum to try to set things up, along with the PM feature of these boards. Doesn't take long, and is good advertising.

Hope that helps. Sorry about the situaton, but I look forward to seeing you coach in future seasons.

As a side note, is logging in as invincible the same thing as playing with Chicago?

Huh?

oh and addisonbr, always wanted to compliment you on the ice hockey avatar :lol:

Next to 94 my favorite old school hockey game.

As a side note, is logging in as invincible the same thing as playing with Chicago?
Huh?

Ha, sorry, was referring to this:

how can classic league games be completed if these same opponents keep relying on the same excuse, log in as invincible or just simply avoid playing me?

Probably should have been more "quotilicious".

oh and addisonbr, always wanted to compliment you on the ice hockey avatar :P

Next to 94 my favorite old school hockey game.

Appreciate the kind words and TOTALLY agree with you. It ruled. It still rules actually. Clockwise made up some animated sprites a while back, because he is awesome. Enjoy:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic...amp;#entry24236

playing as Chicago? what are you talking about? unlike most of the players in the league, I don't log in as invincible and I don't nitpick my opponents, I'm sure Shaftman can relate to this

I am sympathetic to your plight, but I agreed at the time that a change was warranted. One of the biggest complaints of past Classic seasons - by far - has been unplayed games. In response to that, we have listened, and for Classic Spring 08 halifax and I have made it a priority to address that issue. A slightly stricter stance was judged worthwhile, although we kept a multiple-checkpoint warning / probation concept so that people wouldn't be caught unaware.

It appears that you are a well-intentioned coach who is an unfortunate casualty of the replacement policy, and for that I apologize. I do have some suggestions for future seasons -

1) Make Classic games a priority. When eager replacement coaches are willing to make Classic League a top priority, but Classic games are less important to an existing coach than Capitalism of GDL games, that's a situation where a coach who is stretched thin might be better off making way for a wait list coach - who may be overjoyed and enthusiastic about getting a shot. Could be good for everyone.

2) Use email to set up games. Some people are hard to find "in real time" via IM, but email gives you a better shot.

3) Use the "Schedule a Game" forum to try to set things up, along with the PM feature of these boards. Doesn't take long, and is good advertising.

Hope that helps. Sorry about the situaton, but I look forward to seeing you coach in future seasons.

Classic games have been a priority, but you have to understand that in order to complete games it takes two sides to agree, not just one, like i said in my previous message, I made challenges to these opponents, it seems like they chose not to play me, therefore it ain't my fault these games weren't completed. On the topic of the email, it is a good idea, but maybe the same opponents will take the same measures of avoiding my challenges. There are people who are in this league that I haven't seen online and yet they haven't been replaced? they managed to played games? how does that happen?

playing as Chicago? what are you talking about? unlike most of the players in the league, I don't log in as invincible and I don't nitpick my opponents, I'm sure Shaftman can relate to this

he's making a joke because you're spelling invisible wrong. you're saying invincible... hence Chicago... invisible and invincible are two different words

he's making a joke because you're spelling invisible wrong. you're saying invincible... hence Chicago... invisible and invincible are two different words

Thanks for the FYI Webster, maybe you should also point out the other words that are misspelled in the forums.

EVUNIT24 has not played any games and has been generally unresponsive. cowon has been reasonable and generally polite in private communications, although he did have his brother hurl insults at us on the boards late last night. Despite that, halifax and I have agreed to stick to the decision we made last evening and reinstate cowon as manager of the Rangers effective immediately. Good luck to the Rangers and we'll see everyone in the playoffs.