NHL'94 Forums

GDL 4 update

angryjay93

The deadline has passed and here are the results. 10 guys missed the 40 game benchmark (including myself) 4 of them by 5 or more games. So im left with a dilemma, do i toss out the 4 biggest offenders and replace, or do i give everyone a free pass?

After much deliberation with myself, Ive decided not to drop anyone. Here are my reasons why.

Its getting closer and closer to summer time and im seeing less and less of everyone when im able to make it online now and days. So its tougher to get the games in, i think we need to do a better job of scheduling with other people so we can get together, not toss people out just quite yet.

Also, there are 3 other GENS leagues going on right now, when you pair that with people coming on less often, it becomes more difficult to get games in.

Also, my next two options on the replacement list are Wags13 and bo. In the two months ive been playing FVHL ive gotten a hold of wags once and he couldnt play me. Bo just dropped out of the FVHL. In my mind, those two guys wouldnt be a step up over say kgman, scribe, pill, or dmac in terms of availability. So im not about to drop vets who have been in the league 3-4 seasons and 2 past champions who miss one deadline by 7-10 games for guys who either I cant find myself or who just dropped out of a different league a couple days ago.

So everyone is getting a free pass here, but i really want to see some improvement because when playoffs rolls around i will reward guys who play the most if it comes down to that and if youre way off the 56 game mark, ill cut you loose and get some new meat in the league for next season.

Im not sure when the final deadline will be quite yet, but expect it to be 2-3 weeks. All of the games have been released now, so there should be no complaint there, just communicate with who you got on the schedule and get some games in.

Guest Wags13

Pretty funny that you doubt my commitment to your league or any other league considering:

1) I've never missed a deadline for any league I've ever been in

2) I got the 30 game total for Classic League the second fastest of any player this season (behind Flaming PavelBure)

3) You've only asked me to play FVHL ONE TIME ever, and it was at 10pm last night as I got ready to shut my computer off and head to bed (I have a job that requires I get up at 5am each weekday)

4) I would never be classified by my peers as some that is hard to get a hold of..

..but you enjoy flagging down the 4 guys who are well under deadline..

Guest Wags13
2) I got the 30 game total for Classic League the second fastest of any player this season (behind Flaming PavelBure)

hey man i was 1st flaming finished day after :lol:

Let me clarify- the Gens C/D Classic League

Point is, I've demonstrated being a better league member than any of the 4 he is giving the break too

i got all my games done in the two leagues i'm in (dyn and classic) and i quit FVHL because i'm already in dynasty and it's practically the same damn league concept. Wags and i would have played so much faster and kept the league rolling but whatever.