NHL'94 Forums

Game rules

1tyymer

What are the preferred game rules here or do they vary? Do leagues go by one standard set? I prefer playing with auto goalie, no line changes, and no penalties but I could be way off from what others play.

most of the time leagues go with no line changes and no offsides and include penalties and I'm pretty sure most, if not all, of the players on this site use manual goalie.

welcome to the site!

most of the time leagues go with no line changes and no offsides and include penalties and I'm pretty sure most, if not all, of the players on this site use manual goalie.

welcome to the site!

Yep, No Line Changes, No Offsides, Penalties On are the typical rules. Some guys like Offsides, though. I think the FDL (Fixed Draft League) uses offsides.

Which brings up another point that there is a 'new' 'rule' to take into consideration: do you use the weight bug fix or not. In the original NHL94 there is a bug where the lighter players (fleury, gretzky, etc) can check the heavier players (lemieux, mcsorley, etc). I managed to write a patch to fix the game so it makes more sense (mcsorley can check gretzky). The FDL and Blitz leagues both use this fix.

Line Changes still seem to be shunned (though I think they are interesting and add a lot of strategy).

Good to see a new nhl94 forums member!