NHL'94 Forums

Player Battle

angryjay93

I've been meaning to do this for a while to spark some healthy debate around here where I bring up two guys on opposite ends of the spectrum and people discuss their preferences on who they like better and why. These battles are meant to discuss players as they are created on the normal rom, so there is NO weight bug fix in effect.

Feel free to discuss which of these two players you would rather have on your team more, try to keep things on topic here and lets not go after each other because of everyone else's preferences, this is a test run for something possibly bigger in the future that i will do.

First matchup is:

Gord Hynes

vs.

Steve Smith

Player Bios:

Gord Hynes: Pros- Huge Hitter (4 Weight)

Cons- lackluster skating (2 agi/2 spd), poor aware (2 ofa/ 2 dfa), no skills (1/2 shot, 2 pass & stick handle)

Steve Smith: Pros- Solid Skater (4/4), good puck skills (4 shp, pass, and stkhndl)

Cons: Massive weight (11), skating skills adversely affected by weight

I'd rather have Steve Smith. I prefer the heavier skilled dmen over a light weight non-skilled tank like Hynes. Plus, break out passes for me are much more important then having a tank on the backend. Last advantage imo for Smith is his CPU play. I'm sure much better than Hynes.

That said, I wouldn't want Smith as my #1, he'd be a 2nd dman.

Overall I give Smith a narrow 6-4 adv over Hynes for me.

Great topic and first battle AJ.

I take Hynes.

Sure Smith has skills, but he's so heavy a breeze will knock him over. What are good are the skills when your on your ass? :blink:

Hynes is not the best, but he will take out Dino or Lemieux or whoever, before they get a shot off.