NHL'94 Forums

random trouble connecting

pondhcky1

so JAGNHL94 and I have had some trouble connecting lately. we've played each other before without a problem. but now the last 2 times we've tried to play connecting through Hamachi - ZSNES either crashes or the rom won't load. we tried confirming our rom versions and everything else we could think of. anyone else have a problem like this before? just very odd that we can play everyone else without issue and then hit the skids when trying to battle it out against each other.

To be fair, I sometimes have problems loading ROMS with other people, but it usually ends up getting ironed out with no lag whatsoever. But pondhckey and I just hit a wall. I also get observations like the ROM load is delayed when people play me. I don't know if this matters, but I think the problem is mostly on my end.

• 2 weeks later...

While your both connected to each other one of you send the other the rom, and then u both make sure to load that exact rom. Do you get a rom data mismatch message?

This appears to happen randomly with ZSNES. Were you both running the same version of the emulator?

It's not even possible to connect with different zsnes versions. I've had problems with grayto too but if we just wait like 30s after we loaded the rom it will work. it just appears that znes freezes but it is just a delay. maybe it's some other software or hardware on graytos computer that interferes.