NHL'94 Forums

What do you do regarding dropped games?

thegaijin

I would like to know if their is any official/non-official rules that you guys adhere to. For me it would depend on how far along in the game it is and whether the score was close. However if a game was to drop in the 3rd I would replay 1 period and just add the goals from the dropped game to the end result of that replayed period. I've done this when i've been losing or winning. Anyone think this method is crazy?

Last night me and donnybrook had two games disconnect - we both just noted the time left and the score, uploaded a new game and played the remaining time and added the score on... It happens - it's usually up to the two coaches that are playing to work it out some how.

As far as dropped / desynched games, the classic league has a rule for this. Straight from the NHL94online.com website here:

Netplay Setup & Guidelines

If you need to be refreshed on the game setup of the Gens or Snes emulators, please click the appropriate link below which can all be found on the getting started page.

Hamachi Setup

Playing Gens Online P2P

Playing ZSnes Online P2P

Playing ZSnes Online Using ZBattle

Guidelines for playing NHL94 online vs. an opponent:

1 - Talk to your opponent through the forum, email, or AIM, and decide when to play

2 - Decide which type of server to use

3 - The home team will host the game (the schedule will show which team is home)

4 - The away team joins the home team's game

5 - Coaches log the score on the website after the game (instructions below)

Desyncs

An untied, desync'ed game should be picked up from the point the game desync'ed. The score should be replicated by owners allowing each other to score, and then owners should skate around until the appropriate time remaining in the game to pick up play. The trailing player starts with the puck.

A tied, desync'ed game can be picked up from the point the game desync'ed in a similar fashion (the visiting team starts with the puck), but, if both players agree, the tied game can also simply be replayed from the start as a new game.

If two coaches disagree on a score of a game played, they should contact an admin to resolve the issue. If the admin cannot make a decision from the information given, the game must be replayed as if the previous game never happened.

Note: Desync'ed games are common, and often lead to coaches observing radically different game results. To avoid unnecessary confusion, watch for Desync messages in the Chat area of the Gens emulator, and pause the game if you see a problem. Contact your opponent over IM and coordinate a resumption of the game according to the above guidelines.

Lag Problems

If a coach is experiencing lag such that gameplay is dramatically affected, it is his responsibility to speak up sooner, rather than later. A game that is flagged as unplayable by a coach in the FIRST MINUTE may generally be cancelled and replayed on another server or at another time at no penalty - as long as the coach is not trailing by more than one(1) goal. Otherwise, the rule of thumb is to suspend a lagged game and resume it from the same point in much the same way as outlined in the "Desyncs" section.