NHL'94 Forums

Dedicated Hamachi Server

tjans

I noticed on this page (http://nhl94online.com/html/getting-started.php) that you guys have listed 6 hamachi networks to connect to...I'm wondering, do you just leave yours running on your computer so that people can connect, or do you have some dedicated server setup for this? In our league play for RBI we just connect to each others Hamachi instances running locally and turn them off or on when we're gonna play.

I like the idea that you have central servers setup, if that is in fact what you do. Can you enlighten me?

The multitude of networks is mainly for organizational purposes for each league and/or division. You can run the Hamachi client all day on your PC but if you don't host or connect to any other players it really is just sitting there doing nothing.

The multitude of networks is mainly for organizational purposes for each league and/or division. You can run the Hamachi client all day on your PC but if you don't host or connect to any other players it really is just sitting there doing nothing.

No, I know that...maybe I'm phrasing my question wrong...what I'm asking is, do you guys just have someone in the league have a hamachi client up with "nhl94online1.net" running all day long, and all the people who want to play their games just connect through that? I saw an option for "managed" hamachi which I thought might actually have the hamachi client running on one of their servers and you just connect to that...

Seems like if one of your leage members had that connection open all day and a bunch of people connected it would kill his bandwidth. Just trying to find ways to make it a little cleaner, and not having to use my PC as the "central" server would be nice...