NHL'94 Forums

How To Play Patched Games In Netplay

I don't know why they don't work when downloaded from a site, but I figured out (with the help of orangeblack) how to get patched games to work in netplay without desyncing. The first player needs to take the rom, apply the patch, and send it to the other player (or players). DO NOT change the name of the rom. Don't change anything about it except the patch application. This should work.

well, after having issues last night with the 2011 file.. not synced up with the other guy online, we got it to work..

now today, that same file, wouldnt work... trying something else here in a few mins!!

i renamed an NHL94 bin file to what i wanted, then i patched it after that. works perfect now!! just cant rename after you patch it..

After further deliberation: download whatever rom you want to patch. Rename it to [rom]patched.bin. Patch it. Then send it to your opponent.

you can name it whatever you want prior to patching it.. i named the one we use "NHL 94(Playoff Edition 2011).bin" just played about 8 games with the other guy who got the file from me, plays perfect.

just once you patch the file, you cant rename it..

Guys, I don't really understand this whole "patch it" stuff, but really want to play the 2011 clockwise rom online! Can someone put an "absolute idiots guide" up for me?!!!!