NHL'94 Forums

Quitters or Scared to lose?

c4outlaws

Ok, so I like to play nhl94. It doesn't control my life but when I find free time I like to play online against other people. What bugs me the most is some of the idiot people who join leagues. The people I am referring to are the ones that don't play their games or quit mid-season.

First off, why would you signup for a league and not play at all? Usually there are guys who end up on the waiting list that wanted to play but they get stuck with YOUR team instead of one they wanted. If you don't think you can play your games then don't signup. Just put yourself on the waiting list then.

Second problem is the guys that wait until the last minute to play. Not saying you need to play all your games right away but at least be consistent. Cramming games in at the end sucks for everyone. Especially the guys that only have you to play but yet you are to busy playing other guys or playing with yourself(and I am not talking about nhl94). Then they finish the season with unfinished games. Just not cool.

Third and final problem is the one that bugs me the most. Its the guys that quit in the middle of the season. Ok, sure you may have a life altering event that prevents you from playing. That's acceptable but when you start a season and realize you suck so you decide to quit, now that is unacceptable. Granted I consider myself an above average player now but I still lose too. I stuck out my first classic season in SNES A and finished 8-32. Did I quit? Heck no. Its rude and unsportsmanly. So I have come to a conclusion, quitting means you either suck or are scared of tough competition. If you want to win every game then start your own league with you as the only human coach and the rest are computer coaches. Don't ruin the leagues for the people who like to play.

Current league is SDL94 and there are quite a few coaches that seem to have disappeared. Come on guys, lets keep it going.

Edited by rc69fab

-What make me laugh the most is that iceguy always spoke of snes and a draft lg but he left the league with six defeats in a row. what a sore loser!

-What about sharkaddict? the king of the b leaguers(32-7-1). But he can't deal with the reel competitive players?

-who's next? lol

-What about sharkaddict? the king of the b leaguers(32-7-1). But he can't deal with the real competitive players?

Can't believe he just up and quit. I can see iceguy quitting but the king of b? no way should he play B in next classic season. either get bumped up to A or don't play at all

Can't believe he just up and quit. I can see iceguy quitting but the king of b? no way should he play B in next classic season. either get bumped up to A or don't play at all

There is some definite irony here. ;)

But I agree with everything you're saying. To add to this, I really don't understand quitting/leaving without at least letting the league admin know about it. Even if you quit because you're a punk, at least just drop a line to the organizer saying you won't be able to complete your season. It takes 5 minutes (I'm being generous) of your time to send an e-mail/AIM and helps the league move on quicker with a replacement.

I call them the "NHL94 Super Heroes". Those guys who give all their friends from across the street a beating & think they're the greatest player who ever picked up a gamepad......................and then they come to 94.com

The huge dose of reality that not only are they nowhere near being the 94 legend they thought they were, but that actually they're usually some way behind us "B" level players just seems too much for them, and they run for the hills! lol

Nantucketred, i'm talking about you here! lol.

Unfortunately we have to accept that an online tournament attracts both the dedicated players, rational human beings, but also the babies who can't handle losing and also the casual pickup and play guys who have a 2 week fad of 94 & then move on to something else if they're not the best.

The answer is to have the excellent structure Halifax goes with of an "A1" and A2" league and a "B1" and "B2" league so quitters can be replaced by someone from the opposite league and the quality doesn't suffer 'cos you didn't have to move a "B" guy to "A" or a "C" guy to "B".

I found this out in the fall doing the GENS replacements and there were just so many new guys in "C" that bailed and there weren't enough on the waiting list to replace them.

-What about sharkaddict? the king of the b leaguers(32-7-1). But he can't deal with the reel competitive players?

.................Erm....................POT - KETTLE - BLACK? (Do you have that saying in the U.S.?)

I call them the "NHL94 Super Heros". Those guys who give all their friends from across the street a beating & think they're the greatest player who ever picked up a gamepad......................and then they come to 94.com

The huge dose of reality that not only are they nowhere near being the 94 legend they thought they were, but that actually they're usually some way behind us "B" level players just seems too much for them, and they run for the hills! lol

Nantucketred, i'm talking about you here! lol.

Unfortunately we have to accept that an online tournament attracts both the dedicated players, rational human beings, but also the babies who can't handle losing and also the casual pickup and play guys who have a 2 week fad of 94 & then move on to something else if they're not the best.

The answer is to have the excellent structure Halifax goes with of an "A1" and A2" league and a "B1" and "B2" league so quitters can be replaced by someone from the opposite league and the quality doesn't suffer 'cos you didn't have to move a "B" guy to "A" or a "C" guy to "B".

I found this out in the fall doing the GENS replacements and there were just so many new guys in "C" that bailed and there weren't enough on the waiting list to replace them.

.................Erm....................POT - KETTLE - BLACK? (Do you have that saying in the U.S.?)

Second problem is the guys that wait until the last minute to play. Not saying you need to play all your games right away but at least be consistent. Cramming games in at the end sucks for everyone. Especially the guys that only have you to play but yet you are to busy playing other guys or playing with yourself(and I am not talking about nhl94). Then they finish the season with unfinished games. Just not cool.

the definition here represents you, if I were you I would hide the head in a bag ;) ;) ;) ;) :rolleyes:

the definition here represents you, if I were you I would hide the head in a bag ;) ;) ;) ;) :rolleyes:

I will respond just this once, but then i'll leave you to it, as it's pretty boring doing this now.

2 weeks ago I was away all week - Couldn't play. Last week I was back at work catching up with everything, extremely busy. I played 5 games at the weekend (You remember right, when I told you would be available to play & you threw a diva fit? Personally I think you're just scared cos of the beatings I gave you when you attempted, or rather didn't, to use NYI for a classic season! lol). I plan to get on either tonight or Friday night to get more games in, and then again at the weekend.

I've played 2 classic seasons, 2011, Blitz 06 & 2012 in the past year, and completed every season early, so not really sure where you get the evidence that i'm one who holds up leagues by playing at the last minute?..................Seems like a good excuse to quit tho.

I will respond just this once, but then i'll leave you to it, as it's pretty boring doing this now.

2 weeks ago I was away all week - Couldn't play. Last week I was back at work catching up with everything, extremely busy. I played 5 games at the weekend (You remember right, when I told you would be available to play & you threw a diva fit? Personally I think you're just scared cos of the beatings I gave you when you attempted, or rather didn't, to use NYI for a classic season! lol). I plan to get on either tonight or Friday night to get more games in, and then again at the weekend.

I've played 2 classic seasons, 2011, Blitz 06 & 2012 in the past year, and completed every season early, so not really sure where you get the evidence that i'm one who holds up leagues by playing at the last minute?..................Seems like a good excuse to quit tho.

Another thing that bothers me is people who can spend hours writing posts (iceguy and robbie,from mexico) but do not play their games.

p/s:if you said you can play in a hour and you go offline for ever, i cant play my games ;):huh:

This is not part of the argument, so i'm OK to post again. lol

I've just realised the guy who quit his last 2 classics & then the 2012 league is posting on a thread to complain about quitters! lol

This is not part of the argument, so i'm OK to post again. lol

I've just realised the guy who quit his last 2 classics & then the 2012 league is posting on a thread to complain about quitters! lol

plus you cant make a fn difference between , quiter and banned LOL :lol:

Regarding SDL League, I'd just like to put it out there that I have not quit. I replaced someone on Jan. 2 and have played 14 games since. I would have played a lot more but last night I had major lag with 2 different players so we couldn't complete any games.

I hope to resolve the lag issue and get in a bunch of games within the next few days.

rcfab is right - but personally if people are going to have such lame attitudes its probably best they do not waste their time playing with a great community like ours. Rather have a bunch of dudes who can have fun going 2-38 than dudes who cry about losing 12 games out of a 40+ game schedule. and this isnt only in SDL - it happens in every league. This place is about nhl94 before its about winning and losing...

Edited by kupuck19