NHL'94 Forums

Voting AWARDS Spring 2006 League [SNES EDITION]

schwartz

I don't mean to hijack evans other thread but it seems that every post in there so far has been GENS guys so I thought it might make some sense to seperate the 2 if for nothing else then to make the vote tallying a bit easier :|.

I'm gonna be a miser and copy pretty much all of Evans post directly but I wanted to say a quick thanks for this season so far. I know I've made posts about it in the past but this league is really something that continues to give me just an assload of fun everytime I sit down to read the forums or play some games and I have a big appreciation for you guys. Ok time for the award categories!

Evan: Just copy and paste the Award names into your reply with your pick after. Then I'll tally up the results at the end of playoffs so we can give out the Awards.

EXAMPLE:

Best Overall Coach Of the Season - Evan (hehe)

Here are the Awards voted by the coaches:

Best Overall Coach Of the Season -

Best Sportsmanship Coach -

Best One-Timer Coach -

Best Deke Coach -

Best Slapshot Coach -

Best Defensive Coach -

Best Offensive Coach -

Most Improved Coach -

Best Far-Better-Than-Their-Actual-Record Coach -

Best Replacement Coach -

Coach Who Stuck It Out Through The Hard Times -

Most Hardware Broken During The Season -

Best Overall Coach Of the Season -shakazuzu

Best Sportsmanship Coach -this should be renamed the lady schwartz in the nhl..but will pick a tie with cajanek(stlouis) both very respectful and compliment every goal, league needs more of that

Best One-Timer Coach -two guys again come to mind, mr van and his udy1 and jota

Best Deke Coach -although late in the season, bos was impressive but would have to choose jota

Best Slapshot Coach -cant really recall anyone particular

Best Defensive Coach -easy choice, wash with shaka right behind

Best Offensive Coach -jota/van

Most Improved Coach -cajanek for sure

Best Far-Better-Than-Their-Actual-Record Coach -fenty/schwarzy

Best Replacement Coach -boston

Coach Who Stuck It Out Through The Hard Times -caj...started off poor and came into his own

Most Hardware Broken During The Season -the deer lol, my company barred him from shopping in our store.....

dont believe in people voting for themselves so i wont do it

GREAT SEASON GUYS, HOPE THE NEXT IS JUST AS GREAT AND THANKS EVAN/SCHWARTZ...WILL NEVER GET ENOUGH OF THIS GAME

Alright here goes with the votes!

Best Overall Coach Of the Season - Shakazuzu, almost seemed invincible at some points during the season.

Best Sportsmanship Coach - Wow, the94kid did exactly what I planned to do for this one. Can't decide between Schwartz and Cajanek, both are about as sportsmanlike and cool to play against as you can possibly get. I'd also like to nominate Patrick Brady (New Jersey), my upcoming playoff opponent. All three of those guys compliment every goal you score against them, GG's all over the place, and even put up with the sooking of sore losers like me without seeming to mind at all. I'd like to cast a vote for all three of these guys!

Best One-Timer Coach - Well Rudy is the pioneer behind the "Rudy One" or the "Udy 1", but against me he wasn't one-timing as much as usual, all he seemed to do was cheap-ass cuts (jk man haha), so I'm gonna go with the Mad Slimeball, I found that if you let him get a one-timer away from where he wanted to get it away, it was basically an automatic goal against. A close second to Fenty, who lives and dies off of the one-timer.

Best Deke Coach - Shakazuzu, he doesn't do the super-fancy triple dekes or anything, he just gets it in the slot, waits for you to make the first move, and then just puts it in the opposite side.

Best Slapshot Coach - I don't find slapshots are really that effective a way of scoring in this game, and I don't remember anyone who really used them all that much.

Best Defensive Coach - Boston, in my two games against him I couldn't get ANYTHING going offensively, he totally shut me down, can't remember anyone that was that hard to get a decent scoring chance against.

Best Offensive Coach - The #'s don't lie, it's the94kid on this one, when he's on his game he can score all day, and NOBODY in the world loves to score goals more than this guy!

Most Improved Coach - Two guys immediately come to mind, Cajanek and Rucinsky (San Jose), both started out with awful records in their first 10 games or so, but both stuck with it and improved (or maybe it was more a matter of getting a better controller) a shitload, and next thing you knew both strung together huge winning streaks and were above .500. Very tough call here, I'm actually gonna just make this one another tie, Cajanek and Rucinsky.

Best Far-Better-Than-Their-Actual-Record Coach - Fenty. In exhibition games I find he's just as tough as the guys near the top of the standings. But his record is well below .500 and out of the playoffs. I don't understand it at all! And some of the games he did win in league play were against top players. Doesn't make any sense at all!

A couple of other coaches better than their record are Rudy and Slimeball. Yes I know both are above .500 and in the playoffs, but both are still better than their records.

Best Replacement Coach - Three great choices here. Boston (energymike), Edmonton (JotaC), and Dallas (Blazer) all got top notch contenders as replacement coaches. Well I haven't actually played against Blazer, but his results have been impressive and people have told me he's the real deal. Hard to pick among these three, but I'm gonna go with Boston.

Coach Who Stuck It Out Through The Hard Times - Again San Jose and St Louis come to mind immediately here, gonna go with St Louis because he was playing with the keyboard for the first part of the season when he's a guy who's used to playing with a controller.

Most Hardware Broken During The Season - I know some people don't think you should vote for yourself, but I'm sorry, I damned well earned this award!!!!!!!!! THREE purple Illuminix controllers broken, one within less than 24 hours of acquiring it. None of them broken thru temper tantrums or anything, I swear, all broken just by what I consider to be natural game play! It's the reason I haven't played any games in like a month and a half. :D So yes, I vote for myself on this one!

Great award categories! Such attention to detail is yet another reason why this league kicks ass. :lol:

Best Overall Coach Of the Season - the94kid

Best Sportsmanship Coach - easy one, schwartz

Best One-Timer Coach - McMarkis, even though we only had one game, this guy had the technique down

Best Deke Coach - schwartz, he knew my goaltending moves in and out...

Best Slapshot Coach - N/A

Best Defensive Coach - DeathHand, i could never seem to score on this guy

Best Offensive Coach - the94kid, check out those numbers..

Most Improved Coach - Slimeball, took about 15 games for him to get used to his controller...

Best Far-Better-Than-Their-Actual-Record Coach - fenty, play him in ex's all the time and its usually pretty close..

Best Replacement Coach - energymike

Coach Who Stuck It Out Through The Hard Times - Lethal, only 4 DNP's on a rough season..

Most Hardware Broken During The Season - i broke one controller, but i heard about schwartz breaking his on my comeback :D so i'll go with schwartz

Great season guys and good luck in the playoffs!

Best Overall Coach Of the Season - NYRangers

Best Sportsmanship Coach - Hartford

Best One-Timer Coach - Washington

Best Deke Coach - NYRangers

Best Slapshot Coach - Dallas

Best Defensive Coach - Montreal

Best Offensive Coach - Boston

Most Improved Coach - Montreal

Best Far-Better-Than-Their-Actual-Record Coach - Pittsburgh

Best Replacement Coach - Me and Dallas :D

Coach Who Stuck It Out Through The Hard Times - Winnipeg

Most Hardware Broken During The Season - Chicago

Best Overall Coach Of the Season - Shakazuzu...just look at the record

Best Sportsmanship Coach - The Deer, always was cool..winning or losing

Best One-Timer Coach - Always a challenge against Fenty and the penguins...damn lemieux

Best Deke Coach - The94kid's takes this one

Best Slapshot Coach - :D

Best Defensive Coach - DeathHand with Washington was a wicked goalie

Best Offensive Coach - Th94kid also...good balance of dekes and quick one timers

Most Improved Coach - Rucinsky for San Jose

Best Far-Better-Than-Their-Actual-Record Coach - without a doubt, fenty

Best Replacement Coach - has to go to Jota of Edmonton...good player

Coach Who Stuck It Out Through The Hard Times - Letha| for calgary...had a rough second half, but kept on goin

Most Hardware Broken During The Season - im guessing BSDaemon..he mustve shorted out a few controllers with his tears.. :lol:

Yes! You have until the playoffs are complete. Then I will tally up the votes (with however many we get) so it's up to the coaches to vote!

-Evan

Guest BSDaemon

A big thank you goes to Blazer for actually listing the teams. I have no clue who any of these names are that you are all rhyming off. I recognize a few of them, but I can't remember what teams they play.

Most Hardware Broken During The Season - im guessing BSDaemon..he mustve shorted out a few controllers with his tears.. :)

Tears? :huh:

I'd be amazed that I wouldn't pick up the Coach Who Stuck It Out Through The Hard Times award... with that many losses in a row, and I didn't miss a game! I knew I was bound to get better, and I think fenty might agree that I have ;)

Best Overall Coach Of the Season - that racist bastard shakazuzu :blink:

Best Sportsmanship Coach - schwartz (toss up between schwartzyboy and that bsd guy )

Best One-Timer Coach - McFreakinMarkis... jesus christ

Best Deke Coach - the guy upstairs (the94kid)

Best Slapshot Coach - Blazer... came outta nowhere

Best Defensive Coach - the94kid (love you)

Best Offensive Coach - the94kid

Most Improved Coach - fenty?

Best Far-Better-Than-Their-Actual-Record Coach - fenty

Best Replacement Coach - McMarkis

Coach Who Stuck It Out Through The Hard Times - bsd guy.... this guy has definately had a tough life

Most Hardware Broken During The Season - no question... deer... although I blame it partially on him buying cheapass controllers

• 2 weeks later...

Best Overall Coach Of the Season - the94kid (NY Rangers). Simply dominant.

Best Sportsmanship Coach - This is going to be a tough one. Everyone was pretty cool, but the guys that really stand out in my mind are: Schwartz (hartford), Deer (Quebec), the94kid, and Slimeball (Det)

Best One-Timer Coach - Jota (EDM) was pretty sick

Best Deke Coach - Slimeball (I felt the pain of this in game six of our first round series)

Best Slapshot Coach - Huh, I dunno really.

Best Defensive Coach - This may be my playoff frustration speaking, but Slimeball. He kept me to three goals or under in more than half of our games, and shut me out once to boot.

Best Offensive Coach - the94kid. A sick, total offensive package.

Most Improved Coach - Rucinsky (San Jose)

Best Far-Better-Than-Their-Actual-Record Coach - Schwartz. With skills like that, I'm shocked he wasn't a top four seed.

Best Replacement Coach - Boston

Coach Who Stuck It Out Through The Hard Times - BSD (Leafs) Kept playing games despite some tough losing streaks.

Most Hardware Broken During The Season - I heard Deer had some problems, so I'm going to give him this one.

It was awesome guys. I'm looking forward to next season. Hit me up for some exhibitions in the meantime. AIM: cajanek26

• 4 weeks later...