NHL'94 Forums

Lost Connection Late in League Game

Wilsonfest

Replay the last 2:38 with a new game, and add on whatever happens. It would have to start at even strength.

Make sense? If you and your opponent agree on something else, that should be ok too.

-Evan

Guest BSDaemon

start up a game... and play until you get a penalty (speed up the process by ramming his goalie). wait for the right amount of penalty time to expire, then start counting down your 2:38.

Or, another idea would be to play for 4:38 with no man in the penalty box.

You can usually improvise this kinda situation. so long as both players are willing to confirm the score (and therefore confirm that they agreed on the method), it really makes no difference.

I just dont think I want to replay the whole game because of the score. I'll play an entire period and we can add that score to what we had.

Replaying the whole game doesn't seem right. I'd argue for either just playing the last 2:38, or, if you're feeling generous, playing another 5 minute period and tacking it on. But I think you need to respect what happened in the first 12 1/2 minutes.

I know this is not a "hot" issue right now, but I just noticed that the rules addressed this (I assumed, from the discussion here, that it wasn't already covered, and we all know the old saw about assuming):

"Disconnects will resume with the appropriate time remaining (time kept manually) with the same score. A disconnect with a 0-0 score may be restarted completely."