NHL'94 Forums

ULTIMATE LEAGUE CHAMPION

take_your_pill

I think when both Gens A and B playoffs are over there should be an extra round to determine the "ultimate" team of both leagues.... haha, i know it sounds weird, but its a good idea.

what do you think?

Gens A cup winner VS Gens B cup winner..... one round, best of 7.....

Seems simple enough. Even if it's just for bragging rights.

Guest BSDaemon

I have no problem doing that for fun.. but really it means nothing, since it's a pretty good bet that the A champ will beat the B champ.... so yeah it doesnt really mean much. I think it should be optional for the champs, and not a league requirement.

Guest BSDaemon
Wouldn't that be like the Stanley cup Champion playing the Calder Cup champion?

Yes, very much so. And while I don't have a problem with it, it has to be understood that it means absolutely nothing. But really, I'm all for it ;)

I'd like to see The SNES A and the GENS A champions cross platforms and play a summit series...4 games on each system.

Yes, very much so. And while I don't have a problem with it, it has to be understood that it means absolutely nothing. But really, I'm all for it ;)

Oh, I don't think it means absolutely nothing. The different league winners get to keep their cups and everything, but I think if the WBC and WBA champions meet up in the ring, it definitely means something!

Guest cr0ssbar94
I think when both Gens A and B playoffs are over there should be an extra round to determine the "ultimate" team of both leagues.... haha, i know it sounds weird, but its a good idea.

what do you think?

Gens A cup winner VS Gens B cup winner..... one round, best of 7.....

Letting the B League champ play the A League champ undermines the A league. No offense to B League, but the point is to move up to A. My opinion.

My better idea would be end of all the playoffs. While the new leagues are setting up we could do a tourney.

Say 6 of top 8 from B divs from both conosles (ties broken by reg season pts)

Both finalists from B divs from both consoles

Then make some kind off playoffs or tournament bracket with the home team having console choice. Would see who is the best at both consoles

Letting the B League champ play the A League champ undermines the A league. No offense to B League, but the point is to move up to A. My opinion.

Pish posh. That's a terrible reason to not play hockey.

It's like when my roommates and I used to bet beers. If you won a bet and lost a bet, the beers did NOT cancel out - you each owed each other beer. The point was to CREATE BEER.

Saying that we shouldn't "let" the B League champ play the A League champ because the B league guy hasn't earned it, pish posh. We must always CREATE HOCKEY.

Guest cr0ssbar94
Pish posh. That's a terrible reason to not play hockey.

It's like when my roommates and I used to bet beers. If you won a bet and lost a bet, the beers did NOT cancel out - you each owed each other beer. The point was to CREATE BEER.

Saying that we shouldn't "let" the B League champ play the A League champ because the B league guy hasn't earned it, pish posh. We must always CREATE HOCKEY.

I dunno it just seems a little cheesy. :lol:

Guest BSDaemon

Like I said, don't make it a requirement for the league, but make it optional. Maybe the B champ doesnt feel comfortable playing the A champ and having to listen to the "im the overall champ!" crap. some coaches may be into it, others not. let them decide.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I always kind of figured that the point of A and B league was simply that we had too many interested players for one league and had to split them in two. I never imagined that the point was to make sure players were segregated.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I always kind of figured that the point of A and B league was simply that we had too many interested players for one league and had to split them in two. I never imagined that the point was to make sure players were segregated.

I think maybe his point was that the 'A' league champ is considered to be the overall champion of their console (GENS/SNES) because (I assume) that the 'A' leagues have the best GENS/SNES players and thus shouldn't be scheduled (forced) to play a series with their B league champions. But certainly if either GENS or SNES champ wanted to play a series with their B champ then they could.

Guest BSDaemon

Pretty sure you're wrong... I was always under the impression that the A league guys were seasoned veterans and the best of the bunch, hence why the players who wanted to be in the A league who were unknown had to prove that they had the skill required.

Pretty sure you're wrong... I was always under the impression that the A league guys were seasoned veterans and the best of the bunch, hence why the players who wanted to be in the A league who were unknown had to prove that they had the skill required.

That may be the method that was to divide the groups, but the reason we have multiple groups at all is simply because we have a lot of players.

For example, if there were only 20 players, and 10 were considered veterans and 10 were considered rookies, I really don't think we'd have a 10-team A League and a 10-team B League, just to make sure that the newer players don't get to play the veterans.