NHL'94 Forums

ROM changes

A while back @Brodeur30 figured out how to make the net collision physics more accurate to the actual net dimensions on the ice, so a good portion of the newer ROMs are using this.

Everyone also rates players very differently. Accuracy and power will change a shooter's ability to take a good shot, and awareness will affect how your offensive players create opportunities and the defensive AI prevents them.

Here's an example. I'm playing the Sauce's '94-2023 bin. I'm playing as Columbus as that's the market I'm in vs Arizona. I actually won as them once. Thru 3 5min periods and almost 19 mins of OT, I made 1 goals in over 25+ shots. Mostly one timers, a few blue lines, a couple wraparounds and creases. The only goal I scored was a put back from a crease shot.

• 3 weeks later...

LOTS of stuff goes into the play of a ROM. As Seamer said, different ratings will change the whole feel. Naples used to conform his player ratings to very similar distributions to the original ROM, if you are looking for ones with a similar feel to the original. I think The Sauce is a bit looser with how he does his distributions. My distributions are decidedly different, conformed to my own idea of what I think play should be. In any case, you can't start changing things without affecting the whole. Enjoy them for what they are… different.

10 hours ago, AdamCatalyst said:

LOTS of stuff goes into the play of a ROM. As Seamer said, different ratings will change the whole feel. Naples used to conform his player ratings to very similar distributions to the original ROM, if you are looking for ones with a similar feel to the original. I think The Sauce is a bit looser with how he does his distributions. My distributions are decidedly different, conformed to my own idea of what I think play should be. In any case, you can't start changing things without affecting the whole. Enjoy them for what they are… different.

I got it worked. I'm scoring now. :dal_skater_hand_grab: