NHL'94 Forums

Stat Suggestions

backhandfloater

Again, great work so far with the league. The stats are killer. Per our discussion here are a few more suggestions.

Here are some suggestions for additions.

- Shooting % (Team/User)

- Shooting % (Player)

- One Timer Success Rate (Team/User)

- One Timer Attempts per game

- One Timers goals per game

- Pass Completion per Game

- Pass Attempts per Game

- AVG Attack Zone time per game

- AVG Opponent Attack Zone time per game

- AVG penalty minutes per game (Team/User)

- AVG Opponent’s penalty minutes per game

- AVG Breakaways per Game

- AVG Breakaway Goals per game

- Body Checks per Game

- Body Checks against per Game

Since there are TONS of stats, maybe break down the stats page into a “main stats” page and an “extended stats” page that shows everything.

Another idea: instead of putting point leader on top, put the AVG points per game Leader on top. (so Mr. Finish the season in 1 week doesn’t show up on the top of all the charts)

In addition to the records you spoke of maybe a leader’s board. At a glance, get some key leader stats on one page.

- Top Point Leader

- Top Goal Scorer

- Top Assist

- Top Differential

- Top Shooting %

- Top Save %

- Top One Timer Man

- Top One Timer %

- Top Body Checker

- Top AZ

- Top Breakaways

- Top Penalty Minutes

- Top Power Play

- Etc.

Just some ideas to toss around. Thanks Dmitri!

Does anyone know of a way to record players who are injured and the players that made the injury happen? That would be a great stat to keep track of to have a biggest badass and biggest pussy award at the end of the season.

My friend and I use to keep track of these with a point system.

Gamer in the 1st pd = 4pts

Gamer in the 2nd pd = 3pts

Gamer in the 3rd pd = 2pts

Out for period = 1pt

Of course, there were 2 columns... one for who did the injury and another for who was injured.

The other part to keeping these stats was if a player was injured too much in one season, you weren't allowed to start him until the playoffs began... poor Pittsburgh as you can imagine.

In this case, if a player racked up the equivalent of 6 periods of injurees, he was out until the playoffs. A gamer only counted for 2 periods of missed play no matter what the period he was knocked out in.

Please keep in mind our teams only played 15 games each in our seasons but we played with 5 teams per player.

I don't know if these stats can be recorded but it would be something cool to track if we could. Any thoughts out there?

Also, I had another suggestion for this league... does anyone think it would be worth it to have an All-Star game half way through the season?

One suggestion is we could have the top 2 coaches from each conference face off in a 2on2 game at the midpoint in the season or even at the end of the season. Obviously, the teams would be based on the top players from each conference.

Is that too much work? Is it even worth it? I don't know, just a suggestion that we might want to build off of and it could be fun to include season after season. Please share your thoughts.

currently stars of the game are not recorded as i couldnt find them in the save state files. same thing with injuries.

i would just need a simple formula to make our own 3 stars.

injuries would be great if they could be tracked easily too.

all star game would be easy to do as well.

great ideas we'll see what happens. if anyone can find the 3 star info or injury info let me know.

Star logic needs to be tweaked

In one of my games Sandstrom had the GW goal in OT. He also was second in points, but shouldn't appear again.

First Star: Tomas Sandstrom

Second Star: Mark Recchi

Third Star: Tomas Sandstrom

i didnt have time to finish this yet. will fix it when i can.