NHL'94 Forums

Genesis NetPlay Save States Question

DaDonch44

I searched on the forum and saw in the "Extracting Stats" thread that Gens32 version 1.62 allowed netplay save states.

That thread is a bit older, so I was wondering if has been any more recent versions that allow them.

Or if there were any other methods found to save an online game...

Also, I'm looking for Player Portraits for the 1994 players... kinda like the player cards in the game but in color and more detailed.

I know from updating MVP 2005... that MLB has a site where you can save the huge pressbox photo... i wasnt sure if the NHL had something like that, or if there was an archive where older players from 1994 could be found... ;)

Thanks... :P

Hey Donch,

The 2on2 league uses a modified version of Gens 2.12b to capture save states during netplay for collecting stats. Classified formally as, the 2on2 emu.

If you look at the cardset on Evan's main pages, you'll see on the back of every player card is the portrait from the game in full color.

Hey Donch,

The 2on2 league uses a modified version of Gens 2.12b to capture save states during netplay for collecting stats. Classified formally as, the 2on2 emu.

If you look at the cardset on Evan's main pages, you'll see on the back of every player card is the portrait from the game in full color.

thank you so much clockwise for the info... i really appreciate it... :)

the only other thing is is the modified version of the "2on2Emu" compatible with other version of 2.12b, or would both players need to have it?

yeah i did notice the cardset before... just wondering what options were out there... ill give Evan a shout to ask his permission to use them ... :)

Feel free to use anything on nhl94.com at your convenience. That's why it's there!

Thanks, Evan... :)

Clockwise - Unfortunately, the links in the profiles dont have the Emu available.... anywhere else I can get it from? :P

the only other thing is is the modified version of the "2on2Emu" compatible with other version of 2.12b, or would both players need to have it?

Both. Unless your playing multi tap. Then only one player from each team needs to use it.

Gens_2.12b.zip

dmitry also has it hosted on his site

http://65.36.133.56/nhl94_draft/gensnetplay.zip

Credit is due to Smozoma who created this hacked emulator. (it was not made by the gens ppl)

2on2emu= 2.12b

2.12b is compatible with 2.11 (2.10 series)

Thanks HABS... :)

and a definite thank you to Smozoma for creating the Emulator, and making our lives so much easier...

:)