NHL'94 Forums

Suggestion for Next Season: Franchise Model

backhandfloater

I think you’re really onto something with the draft. There is so much potential. My next suggestion would be something like a franchise model for upcoming seasons.

Keep your team next season:

- Contract Players: Be forced to Release your X and Y round draft picks, Then have seeded picks of the litter. This forces coaches from hogging Marquee Players. Also will keep the core of your team intact, but keep things fresh from season to season.

- Pick an additional Winger, Defensemen, Goalie (this would allow for more trading potential and lineup combinations)

- Again, allow for preseason trading.

- Allow for Team Trades – (Maybe Pittsburgh wants to move?)

Just some ideas to think about...

those are all good ideas, but right now i think the plan at least for next season is an entire redraft. a franchise-type league could be spun off this league for sure.

i think a lot of guys, although i can only speak for myself, didn't know what they were doing in the first draft. the draft will evolve into a science after a few seasons.

i like the idea of a franchise type league, contracts are a nice idea but may get a little too complicated with the amount of teams.

I wouldnt mind a redraft either, but maybe half the teams- or more- from this season could have a seperate league like you were saying.