NHL'94 Forums

D assign someone to take care of your league

hokkeefan

1 person who is online alot and keep things going smoothly and im not talkin about me .pass the torch

Pass what torch??? Hokkee, seriously chill out, everyone knows your stance on here. And in case anyone forgets, you post a reminder about every 1/2 hour.

This is to everyone: All I've heard is whining. Yes, I wish they would play their games, they know they have to play their games, they are trying to play their games, this is tough on everyone, but is anyone's bitching going to make them go any faster? I doubt it.

So instead of complaining about the current situation, why don't you try to offer an alternative so that this doesn't happen going forward. Hurray and some others mentioned this last season, we didn't learn from our mistake by setting a deadline and here we are again. So how about adding something constructive? If all you have to do is whine about the current state of the playoffs, go cry to your mom but don't post it on here.

Pass what torch??? Hokkee, seriously chill out, everyone knows your stance on here. And in case anyone forgets, you post a reminder about every 1/2 hour.

This is to everyone: All I've heard is whining. Yes, I wish they would play their games, they know they have to play their games, they are trying to play their games, this is tough on everyone, but is anyone's bitching going to make them go any faster? I doubt it.

So instead of complaining about the current situation, why don't you try to offer an alternative so that this doesn't happen going forward. Hurray and some others mentioned this last season, we didn't learn from our mistake by setting a deadline and here we are again. So how about adding something constructive? If all you have to do is whine about the current state of the playoffs, go cry to your mom but don't post it on here.

The next time I speak with Pill this will be resolved. The problem is when I have been signing on through the weekend, I have not seen him. He said he wanted to do the poll before making the final decision. For those who have waited patiently throughout this ridiculous ordeal, thanks. Once I speak with him next time, we will try again and then if the problem continues again, one of us will forfeit the series. I have been logging on every day and night to try and let Pill know that this is it. Pill and I have been trying over and over until the last 3 days after he started the poll, I haven't seen him. I was assuming that after the poll had been running for a day, he would sign on and we would either play or forfeit. So sorry for the extra 3 days of waiting. I can assure you once I speak with him, this will end one way or another. Anyone who has been around here for a long time knows that I love and respect this league. Anyone else who got matched up with Pill in the 1st round likely would have been in the same boat until he adresses the connection problem and figures out what is wrong. Once I talk with him, I will post immediately and let everyone know what the conclusion is.

What? How is it dmitri's fault if Pill and Kings are having trouble getting the games in? Cmon, they're working on it and THERE IS A DEADLINE. Give dmitri a break hokkee, he set the deadline, so you can stop complaining about the games not getting done, because once the deadline rolls around for round 1, the deadlines will be made shorter and the rounds will take a lot less time.

Honestly, dmitri runs the league great, so give him a break and don't flood the forums with complaints about stuff that has already been resolved.

i never seen deadline is it august 1st.........oh and eric i meant let someone else have the power to run it and im sorry i didnt know this league was supposed to last as long as regular nhl and for playoffs to speed up i say yeah right gotta see it to believe it and oh ive quit smoking for 4 days and if anyone else would like to continue debating im all up for it :D

Deadline right now, my mistake. Theres one for Mike and Jay's series, but not one for all teams. Agreed, there needs to be a deadline, but stop bitching to D about it. Ask him to set a deadline in a reasonable and legible manner, and he will. Constantly harrasing him and making insults (or compliments? Sometimes your motives are iffy) isn't going to make him want to help you. Set the deadline for Friday, I say. Round 2 hopefully be gone with by monday.

ok im done i should change my name to sirpissedoffalot or hasnopatience

Hokkee, i understand your frustration of you wanting things to move along, believe me, so do I. I'm sure D is aware that a deadline needs to be put in place. Whether he decides to reach out to us for an opinion or sets one on his own is solely up to him. The reality is this is all our faults (especially if you played in GDL last season) b/c we knew this was going to be an issue come playoff time. Is anyone really surprised? So lets get some ideas out there so that this doesn't happen in the future. For right now, we just have to deal with it and hope things pick up or until D posts something official out on the forum.