NHL'94 Forums

Draft Lottery Picture

DaDonch44

This pretty much goes out to everyone.

It really is important that everyone does play their games since this is a league that records a list of extensive stats. Not only for the obvious stats like top goals, assists and what not, but this league saves the history of the coach's performance which I think is a really cool feature. So you have the Season Leaders and All Time Leaders... how awesome is that.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Is 8 pts. for a DNP too much?

3 never struck me as a bad number. 8 seems like a lot, but screwing someone out of some points/stats sucks.. tough call. You could just make it something like "x draft positions per game missed where you didn't make an effort"

Do the rest of the returners feel that it is fair to stick the new guys at the bottom of the draft??

If the draft is snaking, I guess putting them at the bottom is fine. Why give Roenick to a new guy, when a guy who was terrorized by him the last season could get him? :)

If the draft is part non-snaking, then the issue is more complicated... the skill of the player is important to factor in.

3 never struck me as a bad number. 8 seems like a lot, but screwing someone out of some points/stats sucks.. tough call. You could just make it something like "x draft positions per game missed where you didn't make an effort"

If the draft is snaking, I guess putting them at the bottom is fine. Why give Roenick to a new guy, when a guy who was terrorized by him the last season could get him? :)

If the draft is part non-snaking, then the issue is more complicated... the skill of the player is important to factor in.

Yeah I've given the amount of points for a DNP some thought. I do think that 8 is too much but 3 is not enough. I think I'm going to go for 6 (Somewhere in the middle). This way playing games will become more important especially if the owner wants to continue playing past this season.

If one player attempts to schedule (by posting in the forums so the attempt is recognized by all) and the other person doesn't respond in a reasonable timeframe. Then the game can be forfeited. The attempting coach will get a win, the forfeiter will get a loss, and the 6 pts. penalty in the Draft Standings.

The main thing is... JUST PLAY YOUR GAMES, and this won't be a problem. :)

As far as the new guys, it is a tricky call. I would like to come with something that we can use no matter how strong of a player they are. Putting them all at the end of the draft seems like the fair thing to do for returners. Putting them in the middle of the draft like I had originally suggested is just going to piss people off I think. I might have to wait to see how the draft vote turns out before making a final decision on it.

I havnt really read all the posts but I saw somebody mention DNP and giving away points. This is retarded, just kick them out. Plain n simple. DNP will f**k up the stats. And kicking out slackers worked fine the first two seasons. I cant remember the rule last season, but when everybody has 20 games and 1 guy has like 4 its time for the boot.

as DD says

JUST PLAY YOUR GAMES, and this won't be a problem.

I havnt really read all the posts but I saw somebody mention DNP and giving away points. This is retarded, just kick them out. Plain n simple. DNP will f**k up the stats. And kicking out slackers worked fine the first two seasons. I cant remember the rule last season, but when everybody has 20 games and 1 guy has like 4 its time for the boot.

as DD says

yeah the DNPs are more for after the season is over anyways HABS. They wont have any influence on the standings during the actual season. But yeah, if someone is lagging behind they will be warned and then removed if the pace isn't picked up.