NHL'94 Forums

New players?

awesomerino

Dmitry is the league admin. Unfortunately, he hasn't been around in months so we really don't have any idea if there will be a GDL Season 3.

Just check in here every once in awhile and there may be an update.

I actually contacted him via email today.

He got back to me and said that he has just been really busy.

He said that we can get Season 3 going once the current playoffs are finished.

(*COUGH* EA & KGMAN *COUGH*) :D

(*COUGH* EA & KGMAN *COUGH*) :D

I sent him an email last week asking for him to intervene in the playoffs and he never got back.

I don't know how I feel about D's reply... that response was sort of weak to just put the blame solely back onto guys who have been asking for guidance.

Regardless, I will post my availability to KG and PM him so we can schedule.

I sent him an email last week asking for him to intervene in the playoffs and he never got back.

I don't know how I feel about D's reply... that response was sort of weak to just put the blame solely back onto guys who have been asking for guidance.

Regardless, I will post my availability to KG and PM him so we can schedule.

Well I added the hairball coughs at the end of the post. Hopefully that wasn't misinterpreted as D talking.

But he was wondering mainly if everyone was ready for Season 3, and if we were, we can get it started up.

I added after the playoffs were over because obviously it doesn't make any sense to start a new season when the previous season hasn't been completed.

I think it's a good sign that he hasn't just disappeared and it's another case of real life screwing up our little world of NHL '94.

:)

Well I added the hairball coughs at the end of the post. Hopefully that wasn't misinterpreted as D talking.

But he was wondering mainly if everyone was ready for Season 3, and if we were, we can get it started up.

I added after the playoffs were over because obviously it doesn't make any sense to start a new season when the previous season hasn't been completed.

I think it's a good sign that he hasn't just disappeared and it's another case of real life screwing up our little world of NHL '94.

Everyone appreciates all of the work D has put into this but on the real he needs to step up and be more of a commissioner, or turn that duty over to someone who can. Just disappearing while a rogue owner takes months to play one series hurts the league and its dedicated owners.

This was a great league while it lasted and I would love to have another season, but we probably need someone who wants to step up and take over the day-to-day responsibilities of running it. And I realize this will be impossible without taking up more of D's time to facilitate everything.

I'm not sure when we will ever hear from KGman again, considering I thought he was retiring. Are we just going to wait a year if it takes that long?

(*COUGH* EA & KGMAN *COUGH*) :)

So does this mean that I'm not too late to join for Season 3?

Can someone please tell me Demitry's AIM name? Or is there a better way to contact him?

Everyone appreciates all of the work D has put into this but on the real he needs to step up and be more of a commissioner, or turn that duty over to someone who can. Just disappearing while a rogue owner takes months to play one series hurts the league and its dedicated owners.

This was a great league while it lasted and I would love to have another season, but we probably need someone who wants to step up and take over the day-to-day responsibilities of running it. And I realize this will be impossible without taking up more of D's time to facilitate everything.

I'm not sure when we will ever hear from KGman again, considering I thought he was retiring. Are we just going to wait a year if it takes that long?

Scribe, great points. And I hope my reply earlier wasn't taken as that I don't appreciate D's hard work. Obviously, playoffs are taking way longer than expected... just a quick post stating the deadline is dd.mm.yy I think would have been enough incentive to get this finished up. However, thinking of prior posts from D, the day-to-day bs was not really something he enjoyed to ref.

With that said, I think a commissioner who can take over that end of the responsibilities is a great idea. I would be more than happy to volunteer. Although, I think there are a lot of guys from GDL who could fill in that role. Scribe, Hurray, Gr81, AJ are a few that come to mind immediately.

In regards to KG, I'll give him a call and get him back out for one last hurrah. Knowing the K to the G, he's always up for a good series and he would want have another league championship notched on his belt.

Scribe, great points. And I hope my reply earlier wasn't taken as that I don't appreciate D's hard work. Obviously, playoffs are taking way longer than expected... just a quick post stating the deadline is dd.mm.yy I think would have been enough incentive to get this finished up. However, thinking of prior posts from D, the day-to-day bs was not really something he enjoyed to ref.

With that said, I think a commissioner who can take over that end of the responsibilities is a great idea. I would be more than happy to volunteer. Although, I think there are a lot of guys from GDL who could fill in that role. Scribe, Hurray, Gr81, AJ are a few that come to mind immediately.

In regards to KG, I'll give him a call and get him back out for one last hurrah. Knowing the K to the G, he's always up for a good series and he would want have another league championship notched on his belt.

I think DaDonch has shown a great ability to provide the league with playoff brackets, lottery options, rom editing, and draft administrating. I'm not sure if he would want the responsibility for running the entire league, but I think that maybe Dmitry would feel comfortable with turning over at least the website end of things to DaDonch.

If that works for DaDonch and Dmitry, we could recruit another owner to take over the day-to-day responsibilities of setting deadlines, making announcements, handling disputes, and tackling owner issues such as the lack of games played or owner replacement.

And I actually think the idea of having two co-commissioners is probably the best route to go because it splits the workload in half. I commished a 2k football league for a number of seasons and we actually had two commissioners, and another guy who solely worked on the website. However it turns out, I think that in order for this league to maintain it needs some more structure and presence from the top.

I think DaDonch has shown a great ability to provide the league with playoff brackets, lottery options, rom editing, and draft administrating. I'm not sure if he would want the responsibility for running the entire league, but I think that maybe Dmitry would feel comfortable with turning over at least the website end of things to DaDonch.

If that works for DaDonch and Dmitry, we could recruit another owner to take over the day-to-day responsibilities of setting deadlines, making announcements, handling disputes, and tackling owner issues such as the lack of games played or owner replacement.

And I actually think the idea of having two co-commissioners is probably the best route to go because it splits the workload in half. I commished a 2k football league for a number of seasons and we actually had two commissioners, and another guy who solely worked on the website. However it turns out, I think that in order for this league to maintain it needs some more structure and presence from the top.

Scribe,

Thank you for the complements, they mean a lot to me.

To be honest, the recent downtime from lack of league play in general, and the disappointment of my play in the Classic League has made me lose some interest in NHL '94. I have been thinking about reducing the amount of time I spend actually playing, and focusing more on maybe running a league or helping out with others in some way (Habs, I haven't forgotten about the GEL, I'm still down for it).

Of all the leagues I've been in so far, I have enjoyed this one the most. I would definitely help out D if he needed it. I think it would be an opportunity for me to see how much I like the other side of leagues, and hopefully get my motivation for NHL '94 back on track.

I don't have any experience using databases however, but I would definitely be down for learning.

But, I'll leave that decision up to D, on what he wants to do. As EA pointed out, there are many other great people on the forums and in the GDL that would do an outstanding job.

Man, how could I forget about The Donche???

This is obviously another top guy who would be a great commish. You may have pointed out that you're light in the database area but after how fast your Record Keeper has come along, I'm sure you would have no problem with the back end of things.

And Donche, don't get discouraged with that Classic Lg. You're in the most competitive league. If you haven't had the time to practice as much as you like, you should request to go a step lower next season where it's still competitive but you won't feel like you're behind the 8-ball.