NHL'94 Forums

DNP's?

kupuck19

Hey Admins,

Just wondering how things are going to play out with the guys that have games they didn't finish, do they get a couple "injury" days to finish them up?(kind of like injury time in soccer lol.) Just curious is all.

-Vinnie

Are you saying that you didn't have enough time to finish your games?

Hey Admins,

Just wondering how things are going to play out with the guys that have games they didn't finish, do they get a couple "injury" days to finish them up?(kind of like injury time in soccer lol.) Just curious is all.

-Vinnie

Hey vinnie,

There won't be any extra days for guys to finish up. As admins, we felt that 10 weeks was ample time to complete a season. For those that haven't made the effort to play the game according to leagues rules(some cases are obvious...some may be a judgement call) will be handed a DNP or Forfeit loss.

Cheers.

Lol, no I finished my games! I was just worried because missing post season is a relief to me with the hockey season around the corner, and looking at the standings since a team didn't finish enough games i might be in position for playoffs.

Here's how it's going to work... I'm going to look over the unplayed games in GENS over the next day or so (halifax will likely be doing the same in SNES) to determine which games are mutual DNPs (no points for either team) and which are FFs (one team getting credit for the win, one getting credit for the loss). There will be some judgment calls in there in terms of which teams appear to have been working hard to get games in and which did not. We noticed that about 372 posts showed up in the Schedule A Game forum in the last two days of the season - note that we don't really consider showing up in that forum for the first time on November 18th to be "working hard to get games in." So there will be judgment calls, and there may be some unhappiness about them.

No team with at least 4 combined DNPs / FF losses will be eligible for the playoffs. I put a higher priority on commitment to the league than most and this is a tradeoff I'm happy to make.

We'll be back soon with the announced Field.

If it comes down to it, BOS does not want to be in playoffs for GENS C, might be in a position to since a team has 5 missing games. Had a fun season, but not sure if I can devote the time for online play the next couple of months. NJ and I are tied, and he beat me two out of 3 games. Not sure how a tie-breaker will work, but go ahead and give it to NJ.

-Vinnie

If it comes down to it, BOS does not want to be in playoffs

I think you're the first person that I've ever heard say that...

Lol, yeah. The wireless in my dorm did not allow me to sign in to kaillera servers, so I was going to my buddy's room across campus to play on different wireless internet connection. It was a little bit of a hassle, and my buddy was more than happy to see the season end lol, he doesn't understand the greatness of 94. With hockey season getting started and another class being added to my schedule, doing a post season would be tough. I think i'm going to start doing summer leagues only now, I had an awesome time this league but its tough in the fall for me.

-Vinnie