NHL'94 Forums

Checks per player stat

smozoma

I discovered the game actually tracks the number of checks each player does each game, but doesn't display the info: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?s=&sh...ost&p=66327. It's the same as how it tracks goals, assists, shots,a nd PIM per player.

Can this be added to GDL?

Can the old saves be re-uploaded in an automated way to add these stats? Then we can see who the king of checking is :D

Hey Metz,

Not sure about the real time ticking off, but you can set the OT to 99:59 in NOSE pretty easily. :D

Seconded.. I think that's plenty of time.

I don't really see the point in the real-time clock. in GDL, powerplays are already around 50% when the penalty only lasts 40 real seconds. It'd be like 80% if it actually went 2 minutes. also, i couldn't find it before -- i think the clock is hooked up to a hardware timer, so i'd have to figure out where it is programming that timer somehow.. unfortunately that design completely separates the [set up the timer] and [decrement the clock] code. in traces, the code execution just suddenly jumps to the clock decrement code then goes back to what it was doing before.

Works like a charm man. I'm sure it could be added with minimal effort by Dmitry. I just added it to my uploader in about 2 minutes.

Got anything else up your sleeve Smoz?? :)

Coo'

Are you going to re-upload the old games to get the body checks for all the games? Can't wait to see the check leaderboard :D

One idea I have is to fix the assist bug where if the passing goes A to B to C to B, scores, A doesn't get an assist (he's supposed to!)

I noticed that the Pts% on your standings page is messed up. Shouldn't it be Points/Games/2? So for PHI it should be 28/18/2 = 0.778, not 3.50.

Still, awesome work. Love the 3 stars leaderboard, penalty breakdown..

Weird how the top 3 assists in a game records are for total nobodies!

Coo'

Are you going to re-upload the old games to get the body checks for all the games? Can't wait to see the check leaderboard :D

One idea I have is to fix the assist bug where if the passing goes A to B to C to B, scores, A doesn't get an assist (he's supposed to!)

I noticed that the Pts% on your standings page is messed up. Shouldn't it be Points/Games/2? So for PHI it should be 28/18/2 = 0.778, not 3.50.

Still, awesome work. Love the 3 stars leaderboard, penalty breakdown..

Weird how the top 3 assists in a game records are for total nobodies!

thanks smoz.

unfortunately i havent been saving the save files for this, i was doing it mostly to check to see if there was any bugs in my coding. i was thinking of having what im doing now be like a massive preseason to work out all the kinks and then have an official first season (maybe even do a FULL sim season (82 not 40 games), depending on how the stats end up)

yeah i was really excited for the Pts% stat. Then I added the Win% and realized they were the same thing :) so my Pts% is kinda a reverse Win%. It is a listing of the percentage of points a team has accumulated so far in the season out of the total possible points. so right now MTL has 27 Points and the total possible is 80 (40 game season) so they have gotten 33.75% (27 / 80) (thanks you just helped me find a bug i have to move the decimal point over one)

thanks smoz.

unfortunately i havent been saving the save files for this, i was doing it mostly to check to see if there was any bugs in my coding. i was thinking of having what im doing now be like a massive preseason to work out all the kinks and then have an official first season (maybe even do a FULL sim season (82 not 40 games), depending on how the stats end up)

yeah i was really excited for the Pts% stat. Then I added the Win% and realized they were the same thing :) so my Pts% is kinda a reverse Win%. It is a listing of the percentage of points a team has accumulated so far in the season out of the total possible points. so right now MTL has 27 Points and the total possible is 80 (40 game season) so they have gotten 33.75% (27 / 80) (thanks you just helped me find a bug i have to move the decimal point over one)

Ahh I see. I guess I was too distracted by Pts% to see that the W% was there :D

I recommend making the site save the files when they're uploaded. Then, if you make a bug fix or addition in the upload script, you have the option of re-uploading everything later. Make it save them with the game ID in the file name. My format is...

nhl94-[season]-[league]-[playoffs/reg.season]-[upload id]-[gameid]-[home team]-[away team]

e.g. nhl94-01-01-r-0034-00061-DAL-CHI.gso

0034 means it's the 34th game uploaded that season/league/regular season. the game ID was 61.

I wrote a script that uploads all games in a directory on my hard drive, so i don't need to do it manually

No, I want OT to be wired in the right way - unlimited periods, not unlimited time.

Ultimately, I would like real time ticking off and penalties to get set at a minute apiece (or less if possible!).

Ahh, that'd be good, switching sides at the end of the OT periods. It'd mess up the Penalty Summary for stats leagues, though (you can't make the period number greater than 4 due to how the penalties are encoded).

Real time clock is hard to figure out, though. There are just no leads, because it's a hardware timer.. i can't trace back to where it sets the timer length; it could be almost anywhere, and even if i were coincidentally looking right at the code, I wouldn't know it :) Maybe someone out there knows the address of the timer, but I don't. a 1 minute penalty is sacrilege, anyway! :D.

the clock is 2.5 times fast, so the periods are actually 2 minutes and the penalties, 40 seconds. You can set pens to 40 seconds in NOSE.

Penalties are 48 seconds. Math has beaten you!

Something that might be even better is keeping the periods the same, but using a 20:00 accelerated clock - so 10x the speed (effectively making the 1's column a .1's column in the time). But lol, that would be in the same location. Of course 12 second penalties would be idiotic...

Smoz, I'm trying to give you some targets here to search for...

Can you look for the spot where the game CHANGES the B-button check for No Penalty games? It was a really annoying oversight on my part for Cap this time around, and I'm looking to make amends - but the best system I have gotten is messing around with the timers in NOSE, and it ain't pretty.

Ahh I see. I guess I was too distracted by Pts% to see that the W% was there :)

I recommend making the site save the files when they're uploaded. Then, if you make a bug fix or addition in the upload script, you have the option of re-uploading everything later. Make it save them with the game ID in the file name. My format is...

nhl94-[season]-[league]-[playoffs/reg.season]-[upload id]-[gameid]-[home team]-[away team]

e.g. nhl94-01-01-r-0034-00061-DAL-CHI.gso

0034 means it's the 34th game uploaded that season/league/regular season. the game ID was 61.

I wrote a script that uploads all games in a directory on my hard drive, so i don't need to do it manually

yeah i was trying to find something on that tonight actually. I wanted to just add a couple of lines of php code so the save state would get renamed.

do you use php smoz? I'm sure its not terribly difficult to do, I'm just not sure how to incorporate it into my code.

Penalties are 48 seconds. Math has beaten you!

Something that might be even better is keeping the periods the same, but using a 20:00 accelerated clock - so 10x the speed (effectively making the 1's column a .1's column in the time). But lol, that would be in the same location. Of course 12 second penalties would be idiotic...

Smoz, I'm trying to give you some targets here to search for...

Can you look for the spot where the game CHANGES the B-button check for No Penalty games? It was a really annoying oversight on my part for Cap this time around, and I'm looking to make amends - but the best system I have gotten is messing around with the timers in NOSE, and it ain't pretty.

Damn, I was thinking in metric :) 100/2.5

Changes the B-button? Not sure what you mean. The B button behaves differently with penalties off?

yeah i was trying to find something on that tonight actually. I wanted to just add a couple of lines of php code so the save state would get renamed.

do you use php smoz? I'm sure its not terribly difficult to do, I'm just not sure how to incorporate it into my code.

nah, my site is ASP (because i had to learn it for some job ages ago)