NHL'94 Forums

Need help in obtaining NHL 94

theboyfold

Afternoon all

I hope you don't mind me signing up just to get some assistance! :D I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of NHL 94 for the Mega Drive (UK Genesis) in time for a New Years Party...

I'm aware that I need a simple mod to my UK console to play US games and have the work around already, I just don't have the game.

So if there is anybody on here who has a copy on the Mega Drive / Genesis or knows of any other way I can play the game on any other console (I have PS2, Game Cube, SNES, 360) I'd be very grateful.

I am of course willing to pay for the game and postage.

Cheers

tbf

Most users here are from north america so dont think we can really help. There are a few from Finland and I think one or two from UK though who might be able to chime in. But id say your best bet is check out your local used video game shops or flea markets.

If you want to go the extra mile, you can get an original Xbox (not 360), mod it (instructions available on google!), and put XBMC (xbox media center) on it, as well as a Gens emulator and the 94 ROM.

XBMC is awesome.. you can turn your old xbox into a nice media centre.. play downloaded tv shows on it (or stream them from your computer over a network, though you can do that on a 360). Emulators for most old consoles are available, such as the Genesis, SNES, NES, PS(1), N64, maybe even gamecube...

it also hooks into apple trailers, weather, sports scores...

http://xbmc.org/

Well what smoz said was the first thing that came to my mind.

But then again why go through a whole lot of trouble if you can just download the rom on your computer?

if you have a laptop at your disposal they are just as good as a console. they hook up to huge t.v's and are portable!

If you want to go the extra mile, you can get an original Xbox (not 360), mod it (instructions available on google!), and put XBMC (xbox media center) on it, as well as a Gens emulator and the 94 ROM.

XBMC is awesome.. you can turn your old xbox into a nice media centre.. play downloaded tv shows on it (or stream them from your computer over a network, though you can do that on a 360). Emulators for most old consoles are available, such as the Genesis, SNES, NES, PS(1), N64, maybe even gamecube...

it also hooks into apple trailers, weather, sports scores...

http://xbmc.org/

Thanks for the replies.

The media centre idea looks quite interesting, I'll have a look into it. However I think I've actually managed to source the game in the UK.

An alternative would be using a ROM and emulator. I can provide both; just page me at AOL as Iceguy94. :)