NHL'94 Forums

Live Tournament - Live Games

Jim Paek

Nice that sounds do-able.

Come one come all, lets get a car pool down to Detroit!

I love that this would be an SNES tourney!

I would totally do this .. if I didn't have to explain to my friends and family that I'm going to Detroit for the weekend with a few strangers from an internet forum in order to meet another stranger that is hosting a Nintendo game tournament for a game that was released in 1993.

Not trying to be a dick or anything.. just being honest.

I would totally do this .. if I didn't have to explain to my friends and family that I'm going to Detroit for the weekend with a few strangers from an internet forum in order to meet another stranger that is hosting a Nintendo game tournament for a game that was released in 1993.

He's not a stranger, he's Jim Paek! : )

(Defenseman on PIT, currently tied for 3rd in shorthanded assists in my offline league http://mcapewell.servehttp.com/nhl94/leaders.asp)

Ha! Yeah its definitely out of the norm. My brother and I are jsut sick of beating up on eachother and our freinds so we are looking for some real competition. All are welcome..............Just trying to get a feel for the interest

You bring up a good point. But most of us will be doing the same.

It will be loads of fun you gotta do it!

Plus you dont have to tell your family we are strangers...actually you dont have to tell them anything lol.

and are we REALLY complete strangers?

Ha! Yeah its definitely out of the norm. My brother and I are jsut sick of beating up on eachother and our freinds so we are looking for some real competition. All are welcome..............Just trying to get a feel for the interest

are you the real Jim Paek?

Jim Paek is a legend in my world.

This tourney would be double elimination. Every manager would pick their 2 favorite teams - 1 for each side of the bracket. I am prepared to make this an annual event with a travelling trophy between countries/winners. I would like to get 8-12 players for the inaugural event. Looks like we have 7 so far including myself and another from Michigan. I will give it a few more days then start asking for firm commitments. Please send me an e-mail to patrickmallon79@comcast.net if you are serious about playing. That way I can build an e-mail list to send out the details easier than this forum. I am looking at a weekend in April to hold the tournament.

Jim Paek

Edited by Jim Paek

It seems like there is interest out there. But the only way for it not to be lost in translation would have to be a actual e-mail string. Please read my e-mail post above and e-mail me if you are intrested.

It seems like there is interest out there. But the only way for it not to be lost in translation would have to be a actual e-mail string. Please read my e-mail post above and e-mail me if you are intrested.

i'd be down for a live tournament, but I live in Nova Scotia, theres no way i'd fly to detroit just to play some nhl94... any way u can hook us up with some wings tickets as well? haha