smozoma

GENS: How To Make Game Movies (avi)

36 posts in this topic

Is this still the best way to make game movies or, is there an easier way?

I am wondering the same thing?

In 2016, there must be an easier way to just capture the video as you play, right? Using an online streaming program like Twitch or something? Or just a total screen capture program?

What is the easiest way to make watchable games, nowadays?

OBS Studio works well for desktop video capture (and streaming)

https://obsproject.com

The old complicated method described in this post will still give you the best quality results though, I think.

Ustream is pretty good as well, it's designed for live-streaming - but it also makes a back-up video file. It also hosts the video free online for 30-days of viewing.

Is it possible to run Ustream without streaming? I'd worry streaming to their site would mess with the game connection if playing vs someone online. With OBS Studio, you don't need to stream, you can record to disk only if desired.

Is it possible to run Ustream without streaming? I'd worry streaming to their site would mess with the game connection if playing vs someone online. With OBS Studio, you don't need to stream, you can record to disk only if desired.

Ustream would be the same, when you fire up the software you would opt not to stream.

Ustream is more of a production than some simpler applications, but it would allow you to stream a webcam of the user in the corner - or perhaps show the AIM chat between periods etc...

Ustream would be the same, when you fire up the software you would opt not to stream.

Ustream is more of a production than some simpler applications, but it would allow you to stream a webcam of the user in the corner - or perhaps show the AIM chat between periods etc...

OK, cool, sounds like the same sort of thing as OBS Studio.